Over 70 Killed or Injured in Suicide Blast in Afghanistan's Khost

Over 70 Killed or Injured in Suicide Blast in Afghanistan's Khost

Kabul, October 01 (QNA) – More than 70 people were killed or injured following a deadly suicide bomb blast in eastern Khost province of Afghanistan early Monday morning.

The incident took place after a suicide bomber detonated explosives in a busy area at eastern Khost city.

Eyewitnesses in the area said the incident took place after a suicide bomber detonated explosives packed in his body while Afghan and coalition security forces were crossing the area.

An official in Khost provincial hospital said at least 30 people including two security officers and 3 others who were killed have been taken to the hospital so far.

Meanwhile at least 31 others who were injured and 6 people who were killed have been taken to the private hospitals in eastern Khos tcity. (QNA)

RMA,LY
QNA 0840 GMT 2012/10/01

Read More Stories About:

National Security

Breitbart Video Picks