Now that the election is behind us, it’s time for a serious investigation into what did and didn’t take place in Benghazi: an investigation that seeks clear, on-the-record answers to some very important questions.
1. What did Obama know and do (and not do), and when did he know?
2. When did Sec. of State Hillary Clinton know consulate personnel were in trouble? And what was her first response?
3. After the FBI and National Counterterrorism Center came out on Sept. 13 and labeled the Benghazi attack an act of terrorism, why did CIA director David Petraeus come out on Sept 14 and counter them, attributing the attack to a “spontaneous” uprising as the result of a movie?
4. And speaking of the movie, why was the YouTube film used as part of a concerted cover-up on Benghazi to begin with? Why did Obama, Sec. Clinton, U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice, CIA director Petraeus, and White House Spokesman Jay Carney all tell us the attack was a response to a movie when it was actually terrorism?
5. And who initiated the cover-up? Whose idea was it?
It’s time to get beyond writing letters, censuring, and allowing people to say whatever they want to congressional investigators without consequence. We need to launch the Special Congressional Committee Hearing into Benghazi that Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) has requested, and we need to simultaneously launch the inquiry in White House actions, and inactions, during the Benghazi attack, just as the Special Operations Speaks PAC (SOS) requested.
Four Americans are dead, and two of them died while on the roof a the consulate begging for backup that Obama did not send.
With the distorting influence of electoral politics out of the way, Benghazi must be investigated now.