Secretary of State Hillary Clinton reportedly will leave the Obama administration as soon as a replacement is found. And who is reportedly topping the list of replacements? None other than Benghazi-tainted UN Ambassador Susan Rice.
According to The Washington Post:
The partisan political divide over the potential nomination of U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice to be secretary of state intensified Sunday with Republicans questioning her fitness for the job and Democrats defending her.
Republican senators said they remain deeply concerned over Rice’s statements about the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya, and suggested her motive was to help President Barack Obama’s re-election chances.
As you recall, Rice was out in front when the Benghazi scandal exploded into the press. In interview after interview, Rice said the attacks on the U.S. Consulate were in reaction to a low-grade anti-Muslim internet video blamed for widespread protests in Cairo.
For example, on ABC’s “This Week” program, Rice said that the murder of Ambassador Stevens and three others in Libya was “a spontaneous – not a premeditated – response to what had transpired in Cairo.” (Rice has a long record of other false statements.)
This, we now know, was blatantly false, and the evidence is overwhelming that the Obama administration knew it was false from the beginning. Former CIA director David Petraeus has said that he noted the al Qaeda link in his talking points. Someone inside the administration then scrubbed the al Qaeda link to the attacks out of the CIA’s talking points – the talking points Rice says she used for her interviews.
But as both Senators Lindsey Graham (R-NC) and Kelly Ayotte (R-NH) pointed out on the Sunday talk shows this week, Rice went off script and beyond the talking points in uttering false statements.
Per the Post: “For one, [Sens. Graham and Ayotte] noted [Rice] had said that security at the Benghazi mission was ‘strong, substantial and significant.'” The multiple requests for security enhancements at the U.S. Consulate, which went unanswered, prove this statement false. Overall, Senator Graham stated that Rice’s statements represent “‘a treasure trove of misleading statements that have the effect of helping the president.'”
There are so many layers to Benghazi-Gate, and the more we learn, the more disturbing this all seems. There are the lies about the links to al Qaeda. There are the reports that the Obama administration denied multiple requests for enhanced security prior to the attack. There are reports of requests for support during the attacks denied by the Obama administration.
And now, there is even speculation regarding the weapons used by the Benghazi terrorists.
As Breitbart noted last week, “The New York Times is now reporting that US-approved arms that were supposed to go to Libya rebels went to Islamist terrorists. Even more importantly, the Obama administration knew about it before, during, and after the Benghazi attacks.”
The Times is quick to point out we do not yet have evidence U.S. weapons were used in the attacks, but reports that the CIA provided “little oversight” of the weapons, and that they no doubt ended up in the hands of Islamic radicals.
So many questions unanswered and the Obama administration isn’t helping.
Recently, a drone video of the attack confirms that the assault had nothing to do with any demonstration. According to Bloomberg News, the classified video of the attack was shown to House members:
“People showed up at the gate very quickly, breached it, and poured inside,” said Representative Adam Smith, the senior Democrat on the House Armed Services Committee, who attended a closed-door briefing today with James Clapper, the director of national intelligence, on the Sept. 11 attack.
Now that everyone on the Hill has seen this damning video, perhaps the taxpayers might be given access?
In particular, Judicial Watch has a number of inquiries ongoing as we attempt to get to the bottom of a scandal that has become every bit as serious as Fast and Furious. `