Accused Ft. Hood Shooter Major Nidal Hasan has fired his attorneys and told the trial judge he will represent himself in court.
He also told the judge he wants the trial to start “as scheduled.”
Nevertheless, according to Fox News, trial judge Col. Tara Osborn has postponed jury selection,” moving it from May 30 to June 5, to allow time for “any pending or new motions and issues [to] be resolved.”
Hasan had already been in the news this week when it was learned the Army has continued to pay him during the three and a half years since the Nov. 2009 shooting. Since that time, he has collected more than $278,000 in salary.
If convicted for the premeditated murder of the 13 people killed in the Ft Hood shooting and “the 32 counts of attempted premeditated murder,” Hasan will face the death penalty or life in prison without parole.