Susan Rice: Benghazi Talking Points a 'False Controversy'

Susan Rice: Benghazi Talking Points a 'False Controversy'

During an appearance on the December 21st airing of 60 Minutes, National Security Adviser Susan Rice defended her infamous September 16, 2012 Benghazi comments, saying she does not “have time to think about a false controversy.”

As U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. in 2012, Rice did a tour of Sunday morning shows just four days after the Benghazi terrorist attack and told the world it had been “spontaneous.” She intimated it was the result of unrest over an anti-Muslim video and that “it was not an expression of hostility in the broadest sense toward the United States.”

During her 60 Minutes appearance Sunday, Rice made it clear that she has not spent time second-guessing herself. She said that while others have been focused on the Benghazi talking points, the “administration has been working very, very hard across the globe to review our security of our embassies and our facilities.”

According to Politico, Rice is also avoiding any talk about how she appeared to be next in line for Secretary of State until she blamed Benghazi on a “spontaneous” attack. 

When 60 Minutes host Lesley Stahl said, “If you hadn’t…[done] those [Sunday morning shows], I’d be calling you ‘Madam Secretary,'” Rice retorted, “You can call me Susan.” 

Follow AWR Hawkins on Twitter @AWRHawkins.

Read More Stories About:

National Security, Twitter, Benghazi, 60 Minutes

Breitbart Video Picks