SIGN UP FOR THE BREITBART EMAIL NEWSLETTER

Dog with Deodorant Can Causes Explosion at British Couple's Home

GOLDTHORPE, England, Jan. 9 (UPI) —
Firefighters said an explosion that caused $3,300 in damage to a British home was likely caused by a can of deodorant punctured by a puppy’s jaws.

Kerry Leech, 20, and Mathew Heckler, 22, said they rushed to their Goldthorpe, England, home recently when they received messages about an explosion at their house and they arrived to discover the house surrounded by firefighters, the Mirror reported Thursday.

Firefighters told the couple the fire appears to have started when Zeus, their 6-month-old whippet mix, bit into a can of spray deodorant and left the punctured can next to the gas fireplace. The can ignited when a burner came on,

The damage was estimated at about $3,300.

However, the couple said Zeus, along with their two other dogs and three cats, made it out of the home unscathed.

P.S. DO YOU WANT MORE ARTICLES
LIKE THIS ONE DELIVERED RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX?
SIGN UP FOR THE DAILY BREITBART NEWSLETTER.


Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.

SIGN UP FOR THE OFFICIAL
BREITBART EMAIL NEWSLETTER

GET TODAY'S TOP NEWS DELIVERED RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX

I don't want to get today's top news.

x