Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah said that his forces are readying for war against Israel in an interview with Syrian state-television on Monday.
“The nations in the region must prepare to make sacrifices in any future conflict with Israel,” said the Iran-backed terror chief.
Nasrallah was encouraged by the basic framework agreed upon by the P5+1 World Powers (United States, Russia, China, France, Germany, UK) and the Iranian regime. He said that the deal will allow for a “stronger and wealthier Iran” regime that will “stand by its allies [Hezbollah], and especially the Palestinian resistance [Hamas], more than at any other time in history.”
“Iran will become richer and wealthier and will also become more influential,” said Nasrallah. “There is no doubt that an agreement will have repercussions on the region,” he added.
In the interview, Nasrallah pointed to Israel and Saudi Arabia’s condemnation of the deal as evidence that it would immensely benefit Tehran.
Analysts believe that both Hamas and Hezbollah– which are U.S.-designated terrorist groups– continue to receive the majority of their funding and armaments from the Islamic Republic of Iran.
Over the weekend, it was reported that Iran has disbursed tens of millions of dollars into Gaza to help recreate Hamas’s vast terror network, which includes remaking its underground tunnels and restoring its missile stockpiles.
In January, an Israeli strike killed senior Hezbollah commander Jihad Mughniyeh, whose deceased father had been deemed responsible for taking countless American lives. The strike, which took place near the Israel-Syria border in the Golan Heights, also reportedly killed multiple Iranian commanders. Just two weeks later, Hezbollah militants attacked an IDF position and killed two Israeli soldiers. Since January, there have been no major flare-ups between Israel and the Iranian terror-proxy.