The Iowa National Security Action Summit this Saturday is expected to feature experts and leaders who will address the need to defeat jihad, border security, and the hollowing out of the U.S. military, among other topics, according to the organization hosting the event.
Frank Gaffney, Jr., the president of the Center for Security Policy, spoke to Breitbart News about what to expect from the conference, which is hosted by his organization in partnership with The FAMiLY LEADER Foundation and High Frontier.
The May 16 conference is the second National Security Action Summit hosted by Gaffney’s organization.
On March 14, Gaffney’s group hosted a conference in South Carolina that drew hundreds of participants as well as preeminent national security experts, senior federal officials, and individuals seeking to lead the nation.
“The national security action summits are issues forums designed to educate the public and their representatives about the critical security challenges we face and the imperative of addressing them decisively,” Gaffney told Breitbart News.
“They showcase the necessity of: defeating the global jihad movement and its ideology of shariah; securing our borders and fixing our dysfunctional immigration system; rebuilding America’s military; and securing America’s electric grid,” he continued.
The summits are aimed at “equipping and empowering state and local representatives and their constituents to engage constructively in the national security debate,” later added Gaffney.
Confirmed speakers include:
• Dr. Benjamin Solomon “Ben” Carson, Sr.
• Ambassador Henry (Hank) F. Cooper, Chairman, High Frontier
• Ann Corcoran, Refugee Resettlement Watch
• Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)
• Frank Gaffney, President, Center for Security Policy
• Dan Goure, Vice President, Lexington Institute
• Peter Huessy, President, GeoStrategic Analysis
• Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal
• Rep. Steve King (R-IA)
• Navy Adm. James “Ace” Lyons (Ret.)
• Rick Manning, Americans for Limited Government
• Iowa Republican State Rep. Zach Nunn
• Dr. Peter Vincent Pry, Executive Director, Task Force on National and Homeland Security
• Air Force Col. Al Ringgenberg (Ret.)
• Former Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA)
• Phyllis Schlafley, Founder, Eagle Forum
• Donald Trump
• Bob Vanderplaats, President, The FAMiLY Leader Foundation
“The Iowa National Security Action Summit is designed to ensure that our national security receives the attention it requires from elected officials and their constituents, alike – both at the federal level, AND the state level,” said a press release announcing Saturday’s event.
“Americans are increasingly aware that the world is becoming an ever-more-dangerous place. They expect their leaders to protect them and our vital interests around the world,” explained Gaffney in the release. “The National Security Action Summit is a place where the best minds convene to lay out the best ideas for doing that.”