Skip to content

Air France-KLM announces $54M revenue loss after Paris attacks

PARIS, Dec. 8 (UPI) — Air France-KLM said it lost about $54 million in revenue after trips were canceled after the Islamic State’s attacks in Paris.

The airline group’s load factor, a measure of how many seats were sold, retreated by nearly 1 percent in November even though load factor was up by 2.7 percent in the first 13 days of the month before the attacks, which killed at least 130 people.

Most cancellations were concentrated in local traffic to and from Paris, Air France-KLM Chief Financial Officer Pierre-Francois Riolacci told reporters. Overall traffic was still up by nearly a percent in November when compared to the same month last year.

Business in December has also continued to decline for Air France-KLM, but the airline group believes the negative affect from the attacks on flight schedules should wear off by the end of the year.

“The negative impact of the Paris attacks on total November revenues is estimated to be around [$54 million],” Air France-KLM wrote in a monthly traffic update. “Current booking trends are in line with a progressive recovery including a very limited impact on volumes after the end of December 2015.”


Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.