Skip to content

Assault charges dismissed against soccer star Hope Solo

SEATTLE (AP) — A judge near Seattle has dismissed misdemeanor assault charges against soccer superstar Hope Solo.

Solo, a goalie for the U.S. women’s national soccer team and the Seattle Reign professional club, had been charged with two counts of fourth-degree domestic violence assault stemming from a June altercation with her half-sister and 17-year-old nephew.

KING-TV says (http://is.gd/Q6oHIZ) Kirkland Municipal Court Judge Michael Lambo dismissed the charges on Tuesday. The judge agreed to let Solo attend a training camp rather than Tuesday’s hearing.

Solo’s lawyer, Todd Maybrown, sought to have the charges dismissed on the grounds that the alleged victims were uncooperative.

Prosecutors disagreed and said the victims had cooperated.

___

Information from: KING-TV, http://www.king5.com/


Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.