Skip to content

Balvin cancels Miss USA appearance over Trump’s comments

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Colombian singer J Balvin says he’s cancelling a planned performance at the Miss USA pageant following comments pageant owner Donald Trump made about Latinos.

A spokesman for Balvin says the singer told the Miss Universe organization to withdraw his name from an announcement about participants in the Miss USA broadcast.

Rapper Flo Rida and country singer Craig Wayne were announced Wednesday as performers at the July 12 ceremony in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

Trump accused Latino immigrants of bringing drugs, crime and rapists to the U.S. during his presidential campaign kickoff speech last week.

A spokeswoman for the Miss Universe organization did not immediately respond to messages seeking comment.

Thomas Roberts of MSNBC and Cheryl Burke of “Dancing with the Stars” will host this year’s pageant.


Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.