EVERGREEN PARK, Ill., Dec. 28 (UPI) — Authorities said a suburban Chicago bank robber was arrested after he dropped his cellphone and paperwork with his name and address at the scene.
Federal prosecutors said in a criminal complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Chicago that Kenneth Holeman, 53, was on probation for a 2009 bank robbery conviction Dec. 11 when he walked into the First National Bank in Evergreen Park about noon and demanded “all the [expletive]ing money.”
Prosecutors said Holeman fled with $1,820, but he left behind sheets of paper he used to cover his face during the robbery — including a forfeiture notice bearing his name and home address.
Holeman also dropped his cellphone outside the bank when an armed security guard fired a gun into the air as a warning. The guard shot at the back tires of Holeman’s Pontiac Grand Prix as he fled, prosecutors said.
Investigators said they used the information from the phone and paperwork to contact Holeman’s family members, who identified him from bank surveillance footage.
Holeman was arrested Dec. 14 without incident, Chicago police said.
The FBI said investigators believe Holeman was behind three other Chicago-area bank robberies earlier this year, but no charges have yet been filed in those cases.
Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.