Skip to content

‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer’ star Nicholas Brendon arrested following domestic dispute

NEW YORK, Oct. 2 (UPI) — Television actor Nicholas Brendon was arrested in New York Wednesday after allegedly choking his girlfriend according to reports.

Brendon spent a night in jail was charged with two counts of criminal mischief, one count of obstruction of breathing and one count of robbery in the third degree according to People magazine. He has since been released from custody.

“Last night around 11:30 p.m., we got called to a nice family-owned hotel in town for a reported domestic disturbance,” Bob Jillson, Investigations Lieutenant at Saratoga Springs Police Department, told People. “We got to the room and we found a 33-year-old female there by herself, and she reported that she had been in a domestic incident with Nick, and he had subsequently left before we got there. She did not have any physical injuries that we were aware of.”

The girlfriend alleges that she was visiting Brendon, best known for his role as Xander on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, in order to return his belongings. She claims that the actor grew violent when she wanted to leave and even took her car keys and smashed her cell phone in an attempt to get her to stay.

After police arrived, Brendon was apprehended a few blocks away from the hotel.

“He was placed under arrest without any incident,” says Jillson.

The past year has been rough for Brendon who has been arrested three times, twice for trashing hotel rooms in Florida and once public intoxication and impairment in South Carolina.

In August, Brendon walked off the set of The Dr. Phil Show mid-interview after he felt that Dr. Phil “went for the jugular.”

The 43-year-old aired out his grievances out on Facebook afterwards explaining his reasoning and how he hoped to improve his life.

“I’m the first to admit I’ve messed up, a lot, and I’ve hurt people I care about and who care about me,” he wrote. ‘When I was in that seat I felt that Dr. Phil went for the jugular, talking about some of my recent mistakes, with no build up. I felt that he wanted to lay the darkest parts of myself on national TV right from the start, and I’m not willing to do that.”

“For those of you who are disappointed by the events of the past week or the past year, I’m sorry. For those of you who have shared your own struggles with addiction and depression, thank you,” he wrote mentioning his fans. It lifts my spirits to know we are not alone. Keep ‘em coming. I’m sure I’ll have ups and downs to come, but I’m hopeful for a bright future.”


Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.