Skip to content

Celine Dion reminisces on first ‘Good Morning America’ appearance

NEW YORK, Nov. 18 (UPI) — Celine Dion returned to the Good Morning America set to celebrate the show’s 40th anniversary.

During her conversation with GMA hosts via video chat, Dion reflected on her first appearance on the show. The clip featured a young Dion expressing her excitement about having become so famous.

“First of all, you can tell I didn’t have a hairdresser then,” Dion joked. “It brings an innocent, charming, emotional moment for me because I so wanted to sing for the world.”

“I so wanted to make it,” she said. “I so wanted to express myself. It’s a little bit funny too because when you look at yourself way back you look at your look, you look at your hair and you look at your outfit, and I assume it’s the same for all of us, it’s between being funny and sentimental.”

Later in the interview, the legendary songstress gave an update on her ailing husband Rene Angelil, saying “he’s doing great. He’s stable.”

“I’ve been very amazed all my life about my husband. That’s why I married him,” she continued. “I’m amazed of him even more than ever before. I was in love with him the first day, and today I find the strength and I look at him and I learn so much from him.”

Earlier this year, Dion opened up about life with her husband, who had been re-diagnosed with throat cancer in 2013. “I sing. It’s the only thing I know,” she said. “He can’t use his mouth. He can’t eat, so I feed him. He’s got a feeding tube. I have to feed him three times a day.”

Dion and Angelil married in 1994. They have three sons.


Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.