Skip to content

Cote de Pablo won’t return to ‘NCIS’ for Michael Weatherly’s last episode

PASADENA, Calif., Jan. 13 (UPI) — Cote de Pablo won’t return for Michael Weatherly’s final NCIS episode.

CBS Entertainment president Glenn Geller revealed as much to reporters at the Television Critics Association winter press tour Tuesday while discussing the 47-year-old actor’s impending exit.

“They are working on how Michael’s character is going to be written out,” he shared. “Gary [Glasberg] and the producers are working on that right now.” Geller said there are “not currently” any plans for de Pablo to reprise Ziva David for Weatherly’s departure.

“[I will] definitely miss [Weatherly but] completely [understand his choice],” he added. “His decision was his. It was a creative one. He was in the role for 13 years and I completely understand that and wish him well.”

Weatherly announced his exit last week on Twitter, telling fans, “[Tony] DiNozzo is a wonderful, quixotic character & I couldn’t have had more fun playing him.” CBS later praised the star in a statement, calling him a “valued part” of their “family.”

“The immense charm and talent he brings to the screen as ‘Very’ Special Agent Tony DiNozzo has helped make NCIS what it is today — the No. 1 drama in the world,” the network said. “We thank Michael for all of his contributions to this successful franchise.”

De Pablo played Ziva for nine seasons before leaving the police drama herself in 2013. The 36-year-old actress has since starred in a CBS miniseries adaptation of Alice Hoffman’s novel The Dovekeepers and the movie The 33 with Antonio Banderas.


Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.