Skip to content

David Lynch ‘not sure’ about ‘Twin Peaks’ reboot

BRISBANE, Australia, March 17 (UPI) — David Lynch has cast doubt on the future of Showtime’s highly anticipated Twin Peaks revival.

“I’m not sure at this point if it’s happening,” the series’ co-creator said Saturday at his “Between Two Worlds” exhibit in Brisbane, Australia.

After the panel, Lynch told an Australian news program that he had yet to sign a deal with Showtime.

“We are still working on a contract,” he said. “But I love the world of Twin Peaks, and I love those characters. I think it will be very special to go back into that world.”

But a Showtime producer told Entertainment Weekly Monday that the reboot was still in production.

“Nothing is going on that’s any more than any preproduction process with David Lynch,” the source said. “Everything is moving forward and everybody is crazy thrilled and excited.”

Lynch delighted fans last year when he announced that he would resurrect the 90’s classic, which aired for two seasons, with a Showtime reboot set to take place 25 years later.

Actor Kyle MacLachlan confirmed Jan. 12 that he would reprise his role as Agent Dale Cooper.

The show is slated for a 2016 premiere.


Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.