Skip to content

‘Furious 8’ is in the works, scheduled for release in 2017

LAS VEGAS, April 23 (UPI) — Vin Diesel says {i:Furious 8} will roar into theaters April 14, 2017.

The actor-producer made the announcement Thursday at CinemaCon in Las Vegas, {link:the Los Angeles Times reported: “http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-furious-8-announced-release-date-cinemacon-20150423-story.html”,nw}.

“I swear to you and I swear to my brother upstairs, we’re going to make the best movie you’ve ever seen,” Diesel said, acknowledging the late Paul Walker, his co-star in the franchise who was killed in an off-set car crash in 2013, while he was on a break from filming {i:Furious 7}.

No director for or plot details about the eighth movie were revealed.

Co-starring Michelle Rodriguez, Dwayne Johnson and Ludacris, {i:Furious 7} has earned more than $1 billion worldwide since it opened earlier this month.


Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.