Skip to content

Halle Berry’s ex-husbands slam actress amid third divorce

LOS ANGELES, Nov. 3 (UPI) — Halle Berry’s ex-husbands have publicly slammed the actress amid her latest divorce.

The 49-year-old star’s first husband, former MLB player David Justice, roundly criticized her Monday on Twitter following word she and third husband Olivier Martinez will end their marriage.

Justice denied he is the unnamed former boyfriend Berry claimed was abusive, and said the actress’ team implied it was him “to destroy [his] character.” He then warned Martinez he will be the next ex to be painted as “the worst guy in history” after the split.

Berry’s second husband, singer Eric Benet, showed his support for Justice, writing, “My man @23davidjustice is tweeting some truth dis’ morning’!” Benet and the star were wed from 2001 to 2005, while Berry and Justice were married from 1992 to 1997.

“I had to say something after reading about Halle’s recent marriage,” Justice told the Daily Mail on Tuesday. “Halle never said I hit her but she never said I didn’t either, which was disappointing … I just wanted to make sure my wife, my children and the rest of my family, friends and fans know the truth.”

Berry previously revealed she was abused by someone “well-known” in Hollywood, but declined to name her attacker. She and Martinez share 2-year-old son Maceo Robert Martinez, while she and ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry share 7-year-old daughter Nahla Ariela Aubry.

The actress and Martinez wed in July 2013, and announced they will divorce in October. The couple reportedly have a prenup, and sources expect the divorce proceedings to be quick and non-contentious.


Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.