WASHINGTON, Dec. 28 (UPI) — Former Arkansas governor and Southern Baptist minister Mike Huckabee expressed support for Donald Trump amid the real estate mogul’s latest clash with Hillary Clinton.
Huckabee made the remarks during a Monday interview on Fox News’ Fox & Friends program during which he praised Trump’s resilience. The comments follow a Clinton and Trump feud over accusations of sexism.
“Look, nothing’s backfired on Donald Trump yet. I’d put my money on him,” Huckabee said in the interview. “Frankly, he’s played the whole media game like a kid on Christmas morning with a toy drum. He’s beaten the heck out of them, and I honestly don’t think that this is going to hurt Donald Trump… and I think the Clintons have some vulnerability here.”
Huckabee said that whenever someone attempts to attack Trump “it backfires on them.” On former President Bill Clinton joining Hillary in the campaign trail, Huckabee said it was a positive move for Clinton.
“Frankly, after seven years with Obama, a lot of Republicans would take Bill Clinton back, warts and all, just because at least, he understood how to govern,” Huckabee said.
The latest feud between Trump and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who is leading in the Democratic nomination for president, started last week at a campaign rally in Michigan where Trump said Clinton got “schlonged” when she lost to President Barack Obama in the 2008 campaign.
On Wednesday, Huckabee said he will drop out of the presidential race if he is unable to place third or higher in the Iowa caucuses. Huckabee is trailing in the bottom half of the Republican nominees with 2.1 percent, according to polling averages by RealClearPolitics. Donald Trump is leading the pack with 35.1 percent, followed by Texas Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)’s 18.1 percent.

Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.