BAGHDAD (AP) — An Iraqi military spokesman says that the city of Ramadi, which was taken by the Islamic State group in May, has been “fully liberated.”
Brig. Gen. Yahya Rasool announced on Monday that government forces had retaken the capital of Anbar Province after a protracted siege. But Gen. Ismail al-Mahlawi, head of military operations in Anbar, said that troops had only retaken a strategic government complex and that parts of the city remained under IS control.
The Iraqi military launched a long-promised campaign to retake the city last week, but their progress had been hampered by snipers, booby traps and the destruction by IS militants of all bridges leading into the city.

Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.