Skip to content

Islamic State warns of Paris-style attack on New York in new video

NEW YORK, Nov. 18 (UPI) — In a new video released Wednesday, Islamic State militants are promising to carry out a terrorist attack on New York City that resembles last week’s carnage in Paris.

The propaganda video, which has not yet been authenticated, threatens two locations in New York City — Times Square and Herald Square.

Federal authorities and the New York City Police Department, though, said Wednesday there is no particular threat at the present time.

“While some of the video footage is not new, the video reaffirms the message that New York City remains a top terrorist target,” a NYPD statement said.

Mayor Bill de Blasio told CNN Wednesday that police are in a “state of high vigilance.”

A group of anti-terrorism officers in the city’s Critical Response Command unit have been patrolling New York, de Blasio added.

Wednesday, Sweden also announced that it has raised its readiness to the highest level in the nation’s history.


Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.