NEW YORK, Nov. 3 (UPI) — Jon Stewart is headed to HBO in a four-year deal to create short-form digital content.
Stewart’s new project, which will “view current views through his unique prism,” will be featured on HBO Now, HBO Go and other platforms.The new deal also gives Stewart first-look options for other film and television ventures.
This will be Stewart’s first major project since leaving The Daily Show after a 16-year run in August and will mark the comedian’s return to the premium cable network where he previously starred in various projects including a stand-up special titled, Jon Stewart: Unleavened.
“Jon Stewart led a revolution that changed the face of TV comedy on The Daily Show,” HBO programming president Michael Lombardo said in a statement Tuesday. “He graced our network nearly 20 years ago, so we’re thrilled to welcome back his immense talents in this next chapter of his career.”
“Appearing on television 22 minutes a night clearly broke me. I’m pretty sure I can produce a few minutes of content every now and again,” Stewart said.
The content will be produced with help from Los Angeles-based cloud graphics company OTOY, which has done motion-capture work on films such as Spider-Man 3 and The Social Network.
Stewart has kept a low profile since exiting The Daily Show and was last seen hosting WWE SummerSlam back in August.
HBO’s latest deal with Jon Stewart comes on the heels of acquiring former ESPN writer and analyst Bill Simmons and a new partnership with Sesame Workshop, which will see the next five seasons of Sesame Street air on the network first.

Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.