Skip to content

Justin Tuck says Jason Pierre-Paul primed for “great year”

NEW YORK, July 21 (UPI) — While Jason Pierre-Paul has remained mostly silent to coaches and teammates after having his finger amputated, Justin Tuck said he has spoken to the defensive end.

Tuck, a former teammate who now plays for the Oakland Raiders, said the loss of Pierre-Paul’s index finger wont hurt his promising career. Pierre-Paul lost his finger as a result of a July 4 fireworks accident in Florida. He was released from Miami’s Jackson Memorial Hospital on July 14.

“What I told JPP is go out and play football,” Tuck told Jordan Raanan of NJ.com. “I’ve been in constant conversation with JPP. He is [in good spirits]. He’ll be the first one to tell you he made a mistake. He’s fine. He’s going to have a great year.”

“I think he will be (successful),” Tuck said. “Once he gets used to playing again, you can’t deny his athletic ability. He’s a terror to block. Hopefully everything else gets healthy around him and if that is the case, I don’t see any reason why he wouldn’t be the JPP of the second half of the season like he was last year.”

Pierre-Paul has not yet signed his $14.8 million franchise tender is not expected to do so until he is ready to “return to football activities,” according to the New York Post.

Pierre-Paul had 12.5 sacks last season.


Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.