LOS ANGELES, Oct. 15 (UPI) — Peter Sarsgaard won’t appear in the upcoming Twin Peaks revival after all.
The 44-year-old actor revealed as much in an interview with Entertainment Weekly Morning Live on Wednesday. TV Line reported Sarsgaard had joined the Showtime series earlier this month.
“I’m not doing Twin Peaks,” he told host Jessica Shaw. “But it certainly was a rumor that was not founded on nothing. I would love to be in Twin Peaks. I think I watched all of [the original episodes] twice … David Lynch I think might be my favorite director of all time.”
Twin Peaks had a two-season run on ABC from 1990 to 1991, and will return in 2016 or 2017. Lynch will direct all of the forthcoming episodes, which he wrote with series co-creator Mark Frost. Angelo Badalamenti will return as the show’s composer.
Kyle MacLachlan (Agent Dale Cooper) is the only actor confirmed for the revival, but Sheryl Lee (Laura Palmer), Richard Beymer (Benjamin Horne), Dana Askbrook (Bobby Briggs), Madchen Amick (Shelly Johnson), Everett McGill (Ed Hurley) and more have expressed interest.
Sarsgaard will next star in Stanley Milgram biopic Experimenter, which he told the A.V. Club “neither demoniz[es] nor champion[s]” the controversial social psychologist. The actor is best known for playing Mark in Garden State, Ray on The Killing and Hector on The Slap.

Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.