NATIONAL HARBOR, Md., Dec. 11 (UPI) — UFC fighter Ronda Rousey wont be armed with an ice cream carton and sitting on her couch Friday night like she planned.
The former bantamweight champion was asked to go to Friday’s Marine Corps Ball by Jarrod Haschert months ago, but as of last week Haschert hadn’t gotten a response, according to his Facebook status.
On Friday morning, TMZ reporters talked to Rousey when they spotted her at LAX.
“I’m going to the Marine Ball,” Rousey told TMZ. “I promised I would go. It’s an honor to be asked. Honestly I probably would stay on my couch, crying and eating ice cream for another month if he didn’t ask me to get outside of the house, so it’s a good thing.”
Rousey is recovering from a knockout loss to Holly Holm in UFC 193 last month in Australia, as a rematch between the two is tentatively set for UFC 200 in July 2016.
The Marine Corps Birthday Ball is at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center in Naitonal Harbor, MD.
“Jarrod said he hasn’t heard anything yet” Jarrod’s mother Caroline told New Jersey 101.5. “He said, ‘All I know is I’m going in the hopes she’ll be there.”
Haschert’s video of the proposal has almost 5.5 million views.
In September, Rousey told TMZ that she would go with Haschert.
“I would go for sure,” Rousey said. “Do I call him? Or do I set up a time and place like Never Been Kissed and wait until the clock runs out and be like ‘I’m here!”
Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.