LOS ANGELES, Sept. 3 (UPI) — Starz says it has renewed its basketball-themed comedy Survivor’s Remorse for a third season.
The series is executive produced by Tom Werner, Maverick Carter, LeBron James, Mike O’Malley, Paul Wachter and Vic Levin. O’Malley is also to continue as showrunner.
“We are thrilled to renew Survivor’s Remorse for a third season, ” Carmi Zlotnik, the cable network’s managing director, said in a statement Wednesday. “Since it began, the critics instantly embraced the show, and now we’ve seen its fans grow season over season. This all-star creative team, led expertly by Mike O’Malley, boldly tackles the most topical of issues with heart and humor as the Calloway family deals with ‘pro-money and pro-problems’ off the basketball court. We are very happy and proud to have them return to Starz for another season.”
Season 2 of Survivor’s Remorse debuted last month. The show follows the life of Cam Calloway [played by Jessie T. Usher,] “a hard-working, young basketball star who is thrust into the limelight after signing a huge contract with a pro basketball team in Atlanta.”
It co-stars Mike Epps, Tichina Arnold, Teyonah Parris and Erica Ash.

Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.