MOSCOW (AP) — The latest on Saturday’s crash of a Russian plane in Egypt that killed 224 people. All times local.
4:35 p.m.
Authorities are making another attempt to evaluate information from the voice recorder of the Russian plane that crashed in Egypt, after damage to the device prevented an earlier try.
Germout Freitag, spokesman for the German Federal Bureau of Aircraft Accident Investigation, said the plane’s flight data recorder had been analyzed Tuesday though results had not yet been reported.
He says the plane’s cockpit voice recorder could not be immediately evaluated because of damage to it, but investigators were working on it again Wednesday.
Two Germans are helping with the investigation because the aircraft was manufactured in Germany, while French experts were involved because the plane was designed in France.
All 224 people on board the plane died when it crashed Saturday into Egypt’s Sinai Peninsula.
___
10:30 a.m.
A Russian official says families have identified the bodies of 33 victims killed in Saturday’s plane crash over Egypt.
The Russian jet crashed over the Sinai Peninsula early Saturday, killing all 224 people on board. Most of them were holidaymakers from Russia’s St. Petersburg.
Igor Albin, deputy governor of St. Petersburg, said in a televised conference call that as of Wednesday morning families have identified 33 bodies.
Emergency Situations Minister Vladimir Puchkov said rescue teams in Egypt have expanded the search area to 40 square kilometers (15 square miles).
Russian officials have refrained from announcing the cause of the crash, citing the ongoing investigation.

Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.