BRUSSELS (AP) — The latest on the deadly attacks in Paris. (All times local):
11 a.m.
French artists and cultural figures are calling for people to mark a week since the start of the Paris attacks with an outpouring of “noise and light.”
The call is going out on social media under the Twitter hashtag 21h20 — or 9:20 p.m., the time the attacks began on Nov. 13.
A letter in the Huffington Post is signed by dozens of artists, writers, musicians and other cultural figures, including singer Charles Aznavour, journalist Anne Sinclair and former French Culture Minister Jack Lang.
It says the killers’ attack on “culture and freedom” should unite people of all races, faiths and backgrounds.
The letter calls for people to turn on lights, light candles and play music so that the attackers “will understand that they have lost.” The writers hope the gesture will show, “that culture will continue to shine out and to burnish the light of hope and fraternity.”
___
10:55 a.m.
The Paris prosecutor’s office says that a third body was found overnight in an apartment raided by police searching for suspects in last week’s Paris attacks.
The office said in a statement Friday that the body is that of a woman but her identity is unclear.
Prosecutors earlier identified one of the others killed in Wednesday’s raid in Saint-Denis as suspected mastermind Abdelhamid Abaaoud.
___
10:05 a.m.
Under gray skies and rain, Paris is marking a week since the deadly attacks with silence and reflection.
Most demonstrations have been banned in Paris since the attacks, but Parisians have been spontaneously gathering outside the restaurants, cafes and concert halls hit in the attacks all week to leave flowers, light candles or hold quiet vigils.
A demonstration planned for Friday at France’s oldest mosque to show inter-community solidarity after the attacks was canceled for security concerns.
Gunmen and suicide bombers attacked cafes, restaurants and the national soccer stadium on the evening of Nov. 13, killing 129 people and injuring more than 350.
The attacks, claimed by the Islamic State group, were the deadliest violence in Paris since World War II.
___
9:50 a.m.
Britain’s interior minister, Theresa May, is urging the European Union to quickly implement border security measures agreed early this year.
She told reporters on Friday that “there is a clear link between the security of the EU’s external border and security within the EU, and that is why it’s important that we ensure the measures we have already agreed are implemented.”
Speaking at emergency talks between EU interior and justice ministers organized after the Paris attacks, she expressed frustration at the years-long roadblock in introducing a system to collect airline passenger information.
May said “we need to see immediate progress. The negotiations have taken too long and that must be concluded.”
She said Britain would move on its own in “obtaining records from those who are operating to and from the United Kingdom.”
___
9:45 a.m.
French President Francois Hollande will preside over a national ceremony Nov. 27 honoring the at least 129 victims of the deadliest attacks on France in decades.
The president’s office announced Friday that the ceremony will be held at the gold-domed Hotel des Invalides, where Napoleon’s tomb lies and which is seen as a symbol of France’s military and international strength.
More than 350 people were wounded in the Nov. 13 attacks on Parisian cafes, the national stadium and a rock concert. Scores are in critical condition, and medical authorities have warned that the death toll is likely to rise.
___
9:35 a.m.
France’s national police chief says that the whereabouts of a key fugitive in last week’s Paris attacks is unclear.
Jean-Marc Falcone, speaking Friday on France-Info radio, said he is unable to say if Salah Abdeslam could be back on French territory.
“We can’t say anything about the exact geographic situation of that individual,” he said.
European officials earlier acknowledged that French police stopped Abdeslam the morning after Friday’s attacks at the Belgian border but then let him go.
His brother Brahim was among seven suicide bombers in the attacks on Parisian cafes, a stadium and a concert hall.
Salah Abdeslam is being sought as a suspected accomplice in the attacks.
___
9:30 a.m.
European Union interior and justice ministers gathering for an emergency meeting on how best to respond to the threat of violent extremism will hear urging from France and Belgium to tighten gun laws, toughen border security and choke off funds to extremist groups.
But the ministers are not expected to order any new measures that could be immediately introduced to restore calm among countries rattled by the coordinated attacks in Paris, claimed by the Islamic State organization, that killed 129 people.
Documents prepared for the Friday meeting in Brussels and seen by The Associated Press indicate the ministers instead will try to push forward on priorities already identified, but not acted on, by EU leaders following an earlier round of deadly attacks in Paris on a satirical newspaper and a kosher grocery in January.
___
9:20 a.m.
French Interior Bernard Cazeneuve is exhorting his European Union partners to toughen the bloc’s borders and move forward on a long-delayed system for collecting airline passenger information.
Cazeneuve warned them on Friday that “we can’t take more time. This is urgent.”
His call came at the start of an emergency meeting of EU interior and justice ministers aimed at fine-tuning a European security response to the attacks in Paris a week ago, in which 129 people were killed.
“Terrorists are crossing the borders of the European Union,” he said, underlining why the EU must adopt a so-called passenger name record system, which has been held up for years.
He said the system would allow the EU to better track extremists and foreign fighters coming and going from Syria and Iraq.

Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.