MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The latest in the investigation into the fatal shooting of a black man by Minneapolis police that has sparked days of demonstrations. (all times local):
10:45 a.m.
Authorities have identified two Minneapolis police officers involved in the weekend shooting of an unarmed black man.
The Bureau of Criminal Apprehension says they are Mike Ringgenberg and Dustin Schwarze. The state agency says both have been police officers for seven years, including 13 months with the Minneapolis department.
The BCA is investigating circumstances surrounding the death of 24-year-old Jamar Clark, who died Monday after being shot once in the head. Police say Clark scuffled with officers who had been called to the scene of a suspected domestic assault. And they say Clark, a suspect in that assault, was interfering with emergency workers trying to treat the victim.
Some community members have alleged that Clark was handcuffed when he was shot. Police have disputed it.
A federal civil rights investigation has also been launched.
___
8:10 a.m.
The head of the Minneapolis police union says two officers involved in the fatal shooting of an unarmed black man have given statements to state investigators on the confrontation that led to the death of 24-year-old Jamar Clark on Sunday.
Union president Lt. Bob Kroll says the officers met Tuesday night with the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension. Kroll says he hopes the investigation moves quickly now.
Some community members say Clark was handcuffed when he was shot. Police say Clark was interfering with paramedics who were treating an injured woman, and have disputed that he was handcuffed.
Kroll says he hopes people who are making the handcuff allegations give statements to the BCA, and that they are charged with a crime if the statements turn out to be false.
Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.