Skip to content

TNT 3rd-quarter loss narrows, progress in takeover by FedEx

AMSTERDAM (AP) — TNT, the Dutch-based delivery service that is being taken over by FedEx, says its operating loss in the third quarter narrowed to 27 million euros ($30 million) from 51 million euros in the same quarter last year.

Revenue for the quarter edged up by 2.3 percent to 1.67 billion in what Chief Executive Officer Tex Gunning calls a “transition year” for the company.

Gunning said Monday that “substantial progress has been made in the recommended acquisition of TNT by FedEx,” with European regulators recently saying they would not object to the deal and shareholders giving their approval.

Gunning said he expects the takeover to be completed in the first half of 2016.


Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.