LONDON, July 30 (UPI) — The Top Gear team has agreed to a three-season TV deal with online retailer and streaming service Amazon.
After leaving BBC earlier this year, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May are set to host a new car show scheduled to become available to Prime members in 2016.
“I feel like I’ve climbed out of a bi-plane and into a spaceship,” Clarkson said in a statement by the website. The controversial host was snubbed from BBC’s Top Gear in March after taking part in a physical and verbal altercation with one of the show’s staff members.
“I cannot condone what has happened on this occasion,” BBC director general Tony Hall said at the time. “[Oisin Tymon] – who is a completely innocent party — took himself to Accident and Emergency after a physical altercation accompanied by sustained and prolonged verbal abuse of an extreme nature. For me a line has been crossed.”
BBC reports the trio launched a new production company they called W. Chump & Sons Limited in partnership with longtime Top Gear producer Andy Wilman, who will be executive producing the new series.
Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.