Skip to content

WikiLeaks posts files supposedly taken from CIA chief’s private email server

WASHINGTON, Oct. 21 (UPI) — WikiLeaks on Wednesday posted files related to CIA director John Brennan that may have been taken in a previously reported hack of his private email server.

The anti-secrecy website posted the files, which purportedly include Brennan’s lengthy security clearance application from 2008. However, it doesn’t appear that anything classified was mined from the server.

WikiLeaks, though, claimed that some of the documents contain details of Brennan’s intelligence-related projects.

The files posted Wednesday touch on multiple issues, including torture and Iran.

It wasn’t clear how WikiLeaks obtained the files, but they sound similar to the files a teenage hacker claimed to access from Brennan’s private AOL account last week.

The hacker also claimed that he had broken into a private server belonging to Homeland Security chief Jeh Johnson.

Federal authorities have said they are looking into the reported hacking.

“The hacking of the Brennan family account is a crime and the Brennan family is the victim,” the CIA said in a statement. “The private electronic holdings of the Brennan family were plundered with malicious intent and are now being distributed across the web. This attack is something that could happen to anyone and should be condemned, not promoted.”

Some of the files include details of Brennan’s history with the CIA as well as his wife’s Social Security number, The Washington Post reported Wednesday.

At least one U.S. official said no classified information had been stored on Brennan’s private email server.

WikiLeaks said it anticipated releasing more files in “the coming days.”


Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.