Aftera quarterback-less first round, the second round begins with #1quarterback Geno Smith coming off the board and two more being selectedearly in the round. However, by the end of the second round, MattBarkley is still available and only those three quarterbacks have beenselected.
Basedon this mock, the best available remaining prospects according theBreitbart Big Board moving into the third round are RB Marcus Lattimore,QB E.J. Manuel, WR Robert Woods, LB Cornelius Washington, S D.J.Swearinger, WR Da’Rick Rodgers, and QB Matt Scott.
33. Jacksonville Jaguars, QB Geno Smith (West Virginia)- Jacksonville may have the confidence in Gabbert to pass on the #1 QB in Round 1, but if he falls into their laps in Round 2 the Jags would have a hard time passing up on the top quarterback in the Class of 2013.
34. San Francisco 49ers, DE Margus Hunt (SMU)- The NFL Champs get richer by adding this physical specimen to groom to replace Justin Smith
35. Philadelphia Eagles, DE Sam Montgomery (LSU)- In desperate need of improving their pass rush, the Eagles grab the best available.
36. Detroit Lions, DE Damontre Moore (Texas A&M)- The Lions turn to the defensive side of the ball and seek to add an edge rusher.
37. Cincinnati Bengals, RB Johnathan Franklin (UCLA)- After getting a fast climber in Round 1, the Bengals get another riser in Round 2.
38. Arizona Cardinals, QB Mike Glennon (NC State)- The Cardinals go ahead and add a big armed quarterback to groom to fill Palmer’s shoes.
39. New York Jets, TE Tyler Eifert (Notre Dame)- With Sanchez, it is hard to imagine the Jets ignoring the glaring quarterback need here. However, with Eifert on the board, they may opt to give him a security blanket rather than a threat to his security.
40. Tennessee Titans, CB Darius Slay (Mississippi State)- Slay is rapidly rising after a stellar Combine performance.
41. Buffalo Bills, QB Ryan Nassib (Syracuse)- This was a toss up with Matt Barkley still on the board, but Buffalo may be inclined to stick with the local boy.
42. Miami Dolphins, OT Menelik Watson (Florida State)- With the organizational emphasis on giving Tannehill weapons, the Dolphins draft another Seminole with the goal of protecting him.
43. Tampa Bay Bucs, TE Zach Ertz (Stanford)- Dallas Clark is aging and not as productive as he once was. Ertz is an immediate upgrade.
44. Carolina Panthers, DT Jonathan Hankins (Ohio State)- In a situation that plays out perfectly for Carolina, they address their two biggest needs in the first two rounds.
45. San Diego Chargers, CB Jordan Poyer (Oregon State)- The Chargers fill a major need in the secondary by adding Poyer, who some have sneaking into the first round.
46. St. Louis Rams, RB Giovani Bernard (North Carolina)- Rams fill hole left by Steven Jackson.
47. Dallas Cowboys, C Barrett Jones (Alabama)- After making a huge investment in Romo, Cowboys add someone who can protect him.
48. Pittsburgh Steelers, WR Terrance Williams (Baylor)- Loss of Mike Wallace hurt, but Williams gives Big Ben a major weapon.
49. New York Giants, OT D.J Fluker (Alabama)- Giants get a major steal in Round 2, landing Round 1 talent in Fluker.
50. Chicago Bears, OG Larry Warford (Kentucky)- big mauler finds a home in Chi-Town.
51. Washington Redskins, CB Jamar Taylor (Boise State)- Late to the party, Redskins add secondary depth.
52. Minnesota Vikings, DT Sylvester Williams (North Carolina)- a very fortunate pick for the Vikings who add a player they will likely have considered at #23 or #25.
53. Cincinnati Bengals, CB Logan Ryan (Rutgers)- Bengals get additional secondary help.
54. Miami Dolphins, DE Alex Okafor (Texas)- Another big need for the Dolphins gets filled as they add a high quality pass rusher with great value.
55. Green Bay Packers, S Eric Reid (LSU)- The Pack jettisoned Charles Woodson but adding Reid would give them a standout presence next to Morgan Burnett.
56. Seattle Seahawks, DT Kawann Short (Purdue)- Massive Short helps Carroll address defensive tackle need.
57. Houston Texans, OT Kyle Long (Oregon)- adding Long gives Houston a great presence as they continue to put themselves in the Super Bowl.
58. Denver Broncos, DT Jonathan Jenkins (Georgia)- Jenkins is huge, and he gives the Broncos a major run stuffing addition.
59. New England Patriots, DT Jesse Williams (Alabama)- Extremely strong and physical, Williams goes from pupil to master with Saban to Belichick transition.
60. Atlanta Falcons, LB Jamie Collins (Southern Miss)- This prospect is too athletic to fall any further.
61. San Francisco 49ers, CB David Amerson (NC State)- San Francisco added Nnamdi Asomugha with the hopes that he can bolster their secondary. Given how he played in Philly, it would be a good idea to bring in Amerson.
62. Baltimore Ravens, OT Brennan Williams (North Carolina)- Baltimore could go a with a safety or receiver here but offensive tackles are harder to come by.