When the Patriots play the Jets, there will be no doubt the best quarterback in the stadium. But Tim Tebow showed potential value with four carries for 31 yards (7.8 yards per carry) Friday against the Eagles while Mark Sanchez was throwing a pick six and Geno Smith was leaving with an injury against the Lions.
Tebow entered the game after Brady’s back-up Ryan Mallett was knocked out of hte game. Tebow still showed limitations as a quarterback with just four of 12 passing for 55 yards.
Against the Lions, Sanchez’s pick-six occurred on the Jets first drive.
The Jets unloaded Tebow and drafted Geno Smith out of West Virginia, in part because of Tebow’s tendency to hold onto the ball and settle for running it. Unfortunately for them, Smith seemed to do the same thing Friday before taking off and injury his ankle on a scramble.
While all four were showing their limitations in the two separate games, Brady simply drove the Patriots down the field for 80-yard drives on his only two possessions – and threw one incomplete pass total. The Jets fell to the Lions 26-17, while the Patriots won 31-22 against the Eagles.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Indiana gov supports effort to 'clarify' religious objections law28 Mar 2015, 11:33 PM PDT
- As deadline looms, Iran nuke talks take on frantic tone28 Mar 2015, 9:00 PM PDT
- US raises pressure on Israel over Palestinian state28 Mar 2015, 9:00 PM PDT
- Senate GOP asking new questions about emails for Clinton and Abedin, who had special employment status28 Mar 2015, 9:00 PM PDT
- Kerry orders State Department review of records retention amid Clinton email controversy28 Mar 2015, 1:24 PM PDT
Fox News National
- Retired Chicago cardinal readmitted to hospital28 Mar 2015, 10:47 PM PDT
- Indiana governor says effort underway to 'clarify' law critics call religious discrimination28 Mar 2015, 10:05 PM PDT
- 2 dead, 1 seriously injured in Washington state shooting, police say28 Mar 2015, 9:06 PM PDT
- Ex-CFO who criticized Chick-fil-A reportedly now on food stamps after outcry28 Mar 2015, 9:00 PM PDT
- Painstaking search continues after NYC blast, but hope dims28 Mar 2015, 9:00 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Jazz rally to beat Thunder28 Mar 2015, 10:37 PM PDT
- Klingberg, Stars edge Canucks for OT win28 Mar 2015, 10:35 PM PDT
- Klingberg's overtime goal leads Stars to 4-3 victory over Canucks28 Mar 2015, 10:30 PM PDT
- Aldridge, Blazers down Nuggets28 Mar 2015, 10:30 PM PDT
- Warriors beat Bucks to clinch West's No. 1 seed28 Mar 2015, 9:55 PM PDT