AJ McCarron burst onto the list this week after a strong performance against Texas A&M. Although Teddy Bridgewater remains a tenuous #1, McCarron and Mariota made strong cases to supplant him in their games this week. Washington’s Keith Price also earned a spot on the rankings this week as well.
1. QB Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville (Last Week- #1)- The quarterback turned in a solid 250 yard performance against Kentucky, but that is expected. His team should have dominated the Wildcats. Bridgewater and Louisville need to be spectacular for the signal caller to have a shot. At this point, he is number one because he has been the most consistent, however, he must step it up or he will steadily fall down the list in the coming weeks.
2. QB Marcus Mariota, Oregon (Last Week- #3)- A huge game passing for Mariota (456 yards) and a total of five touchdowns boost Mariota’s stock. Oregon routed SEC opponent Tennessee behind the signal caller’s performance. This game nearly placed the Duck as #1.
3. QB Tahj Boyd, Clemson (Last Week- #2)- Clemson did not play this week
4. QB AJ McCarron, Alabama (Last Week- Unranked)- The Tide quarterback burst back into the race in a big way, delivering a 334 yard and 4 touchdown performance in arguably the biggest game of the season.
5. QB Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M (Last Week- #4)- The stats were gaudy (464 passing yards, 98 rushing yards, and 5 TDs), but Johnny Football, generally disliked by voters, failed to deliver a win for Texas A&M. He needs to keep the Aggies in the title picture to have a shot.
6. QB Brett Hundley, UCLA (Last Week- #8)- Another big game for Hundley, this time against what many considered to be a top-25 foe, only helps his Heisman campaign.
7. RB Todd Gurley, Georgia (Last Week- #5)- Georgia did not play this week.
8. QB Devin Gardner- Michigan (Last Week- #7)- Gardner’s big stats (248 passing yards and 103 rushing yards) enabled the Wolverines to sneak a victory, but his interceptions (3) kept the Zips in the game.
9. RB Lache Seastrunk, Baylor (Last Week- #9)- Baylor did not play this week
10. QB Keith Price, Washington (Last Week- Unranked)- In two games, Price has been stellar for the Huskies as the blasted Boise State and then defeated a surprisingly strong Illinois team. The senior has the potential to keep climbing.
On the Cusp: QB Keith Price (Washington) RB Duke Johnson (Miami), RB De’Anthony Thomas (Oregon)
In the Mix/Stock Rising: QB Bryce Petty (Baylor), QB Aaron Murray (UGA), RB Alex Collins (Arkansas), WR Jordan Matthews (Vanderbilt), WR Stefon Diggs (Maryland), RB TJ Yeldon (Alabama)
Stock Falling: QB Jameis Winston (FSU), QB Braxton Miller (Ohio State), WR Christion Jones (Alabama), QB Jordan Lynch (Northern Illinois)