When the mainstream media universally hailed Michael Sam for being the first openly gay player to be drafted for his courage, football fans and observers immediately noted on Twitter how Sam was praised as much as Tim Tebow was criticized for openly embracing his Christian faith.
Tim Tebow: “I’m Christian.” Society: “Keep that to yourself.”Michael Sam: “I’m gay.” Society: “You are a hero. Go tell the whole world!!!”
– Jamaica Robinson (@JamaicaR24) May 11, 2014
Tebow took a bigger stand for Christianity than Michael Sam did for homosexuals… but whatever.
– Holliday Season ?? (@DHollidayy) May 10, 2014
– Mitch Behna (@MitchBehna) May 10, 2014
People are so happy for Michael Sam and were so hateful to Tim Tebow. I wonder why
– Elijah (@Elijah_Snake95) May 10, 2014
They can show Michael Sam and his boyfriend kissing on tv and encourage it but when Tim Tebow spreads the word everyone turns their head.
– Kendrick Williams (@KingKDUB_23) May 10, 2014
Tim Tebow can’t openly praise God without being judged and ridiculed, but Michael Sam is looked up to and put on a pedestal for being gay..
– Michael Lyons (@michael_lyons49) May 10, 2014
So Tebow gets ridiculed for showing his love for God & he should leave faith out of football but what about Michael Sam? Doesn’t make sense
– Habib Musa (@HMusaaa) May 10, 2014
Michael Sam announces he’s gay and he gets praised for it but tebow believes in god and a huge Christian but he get put down wtf America
– Brandon fowler (@aka_bfowler) May 10, 2014
How is it that everyone is more accepting of Michael Sam who is GAY than Tim Tebow who made sure you knew he was a Christian
– Pick City (@SelfMade22_) May 10, 2014
Michael Sam: “I’m gay.”Everyone: Oh my, what an amazing hero!Tim Tebow: “I love Jesus.”Everyone: Keep it to yourself#screwedupworld
– Michael Sisk (@SiskMichael) May 10, 2014