Last week, Donald Sterling called the NBA’s plan to oust him from the league “sham proceedings” and filed a $1 billion lawsuit against the basketball behemoth. This week, the mercurial billionaire says he’s ready to “move on.”
“I feel fabulous, I feel very good,” Sterling told Southern California’s NBC4 Tuesday night about the sale of the Clippers to former Microsoft chief executive officer Steve Ballmer. “Everything is just the way it should be, really. It may have worked out differently, but it’s good. It’s all good.”
Sterling faces a new lawsuit from a former employee alleging sexual harassment and racial discrimination. Doctors reportedly diagnosed him last month as suffering from Alzheimer’s disease. And a poll recently named him as the man that Americans hate the most. But everything’s great.
Taking home $2 billion for a team you bought for $12 million will have that effect on a man.
“I’m OK, I’m OK,” he told the television station. “Is the NBA OK? I’m not sure about that. Is Adam Silver OK? I’m sure he’s OK.”