Adrian Peterson Still Not Allowed Back with Vikings After Plea Deal

Adrian Peterson Still Not Allowed Back with Vikings After Plea Deal

The NFL is not ready to let Adrian Peterson return to the Minnesota Vikings yet, even though Peterson reached a plea agreement to avoid standing trial for the alleged abuse of his four-year-old son.

Fox Sports reports that Peterson, his support team, and the NFL Players Association had lobbied the NFL to allow for a quick return should Peterson successfully negotiate a plea deal, which his team did earlier this week.

The decision is wholly up to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, but there has been no word forthcoming as to what he will do. NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy did say on Tuesday, “We will review the matter, including the court record, and then make a determination on his status. We cannot provide a timetable.”

On Tuesday, Peterson was fined $4,000 and told he must perform 80 hours of community service as well as take parenting classes. This is in addition to two years’ probation as a result of pleading no contest to a misdemeanor charge of reckless assault. His record will be wiped clean if he follows the terms of the agreement.

Peterson said, “I want to say I truly regret this incident. I stand here and I take full responsibility for my actions. I love my son more than any one of you can even imagine.”

Peterson allegedly beat his four-year-old son with a tree branch, breaking the skin of his scrotum.

 

 


Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.