Last year’s World Series MVP lost out to a candidate for this year’s NL Rookie of the Year in MLB jersey sales for the 2015 season.
Kris Bryant, third baseman for the Chicago Cubs, beat out Madison Bumgarner for first in shirts. The National League pitched a shutout in the top ten. One AL player, Mike Trout, made the top ten.
With the retirement of Derek Jeter, the New York Yankees lack a jersey in the top twenty. The Cubs, Giants, Mets, Angels, and Red Sox all boast multiple spots on the list. Thirteen athletes on the list play on teams competing this postseason.
Here, courtesy of Major League Baseball, are the twenty players selling the most jerseys:
1. Kris Bryant, Chicago Cubs
2. Madison Bumgarner, San Francisco Giants
3. Buster Posey, San Francisco Giants
4. Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles Dodgers
5. Mike Trout, Los Angeles Angels
6. Bryce Harper, Washington Nationals
7. Hunter Pence, San Francisco Giants
8. Anthony Rizzo, Chicago Cubs
9. Matt Harvey, New York Mets
10. Andrew McCutchen, Pittsburgh Pirates
11. David Wright, New York Mets
12. Josh Donaldson, Toronto Blue Jays
13. Todd Frazier, Cincinnati Reds
14. David Ortiz, Boston Red Sox
15. Yadier Molina, St. Louis Cardinals
16. Carlos Correa, Houston Astros
17. Jacob deGrom, New York Mets
18. Dustin Pedroia, Boston Red Sox
19. Felix Hernandez, Seattle Mariners
20. Albert Pujols, Los Angeles Angels