Politics, baseball disrupted after Washington rampage Print article Send a Tip AFP 9/16/2013 8:12:14 PM The US Senate was put on lockdown Monday while a Major League Baseball clash was postponed following the mass shooting that killed at least 12 people at a Washington military base.Senate officials took the decision to seal the building amid ongoing uncertainty about the possibility that a gunman involved in the carnage at the Washington Navy Yard may still be at large."I've spoken with the Sergeant at Arms, and in light of the events at the Navy Yard, we will recess the Senate until tomorrow morning," Senate Majority leader Harry Reid said on Twitter.Senate Sergeant at Arms Terrance Gainer said in a statement that no-one would be allowed to enter or exit the building for a period of two hours."In light of the uncertainty surrounding the shooting at the Navy Yard this morning and particularly the possibility of suspects remaining at large, we have decided to lock down the Senate complex," Gainer said."We do not have any information to suggest the Senate, its members, or staff are in any danger, but out of an abundance of caution, we feel this is the best course of action to keep everyone safe."Meanwhile a statement on the Washington Nationals baseball team website said a game against the Atlanta Braves -- due to take place later Monday at Nationals Park, a short distance from the Navy Yard -- had been postponed."All of us here in the Nationals organization were deeply saddened to learn of the tragic events that occurred this morning only a few blocks from Nationals Park," the statement said. "Our thoughts and prayers remain with our friends at the Navy Yard and those impacted by today's incident."In light of the circumstances, we have decided to postpone tonight's game against the Braves."