Fire started by squirrel cooker

HOLLAND, Mich., Oct. 11 (UPI) --
Authorities in Michigan said an apartment complex fire was started by a resident who was attempting to use a propane torch to prepare a squirrel for eating.



Holland Township Fire Chief Jim Kohsel said a resident was on a third floor deck at Clearview apartments using a propane torch to remove the fur from a dead squirrel the resident intended to eat when the deck caught fire around 12:29 p.m. Wednesday, MLive.com reported Thursday.



Kohsel said the flames destroyed eight apartments and 32 were damaged to the point of being uninhabitable.



The chief said no residents were injured and a firefighter suffered a broken toe while battling the flames.



The American Red Cross is providing temporary shelter and clothing for the displaced residents.



advertisement

Breitbart Video Picks

advertisement

Send A Tip

advertisement

From Our Partners

Fox News Sports