Tag: Boko Haram

FILE- This Sunday Aug. 28, 2016 file photo shows a general view of one of the biggest camp for people displaced by Islamist Extremist in Maiduguri, Nigeria. Camps for thousands of people displaced by Boko Haram will have to stay open beyond the end of this month as Nigeria's military continues to fight the extremists in so-called liberated areas, officials say. The governor of the northern state of Borno, Kashim Shettima, told reporters on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 that it is not yet safe to return people to their homes in many places across the region. ( AP Photo/Sunday Alamba, File)

Teen Girl Suicide Bombers Target Boko Haram Refugees, Killing 5

Two teenage girls suspected of being members of the brutal Boko Haram jihadist group carried out a suicide attack against an Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) camp in the terrorist group’s Nigeria-based birthplace, killing at least five people and wounding 39 others.

In this photo released by the Nigeria State House, Nigeria President, Muhammadu Buhari, centre, meets with Chibok school girls recently freed from Nigeria Extremist captivity in Abuja, Nigeria, Sunday, May 7, 2017. Five Boko Haram commanders were released in exchange for the freedom of 82 Chibok schoolgirls kidnapped by the extremist group three years ago, a Nigerian government official said Sunday, as the girls were expected to meet with the country's president and their families. (Bayo Omoboriowo/Nigeria State House via AP)

Reports: Teen Girls Kill Twelve in Nigerian Market Suicide Attack

Nigerian news agencies reported Wednesday of multiple child suicide bombings targeting a market in the northeastern regional capital Maiduguri, killing at least 12 and confirming fears that the Boko Haram jihadist group continues to have the ability to use child captives for terrorist activity.

Exclusive – Tancredo: ‘Rock Star’ Frederica Wilson Riding the Wave of Media’s Trump Derangement Syndrome

The line between real news and fake news is quickly blurred when the media decide to double down on the investment in an anti-Trump meme. Such is the case with the media’s investment in a Florida congresswoman’s attacks on President Trump for his call to the grieving widow of Army special forces Sgt. La David Johnson, who was killed October 4 in the west African nation of Niger.

ADDS TRUMP'S RESPONSE TO REP. WILSON - In this Tuesday, Oct. 17, 2017, frame from video, Myeshia Johnson cries over the casket of her husband, Sgt. La David Johnson, who was killed in an ambush in Niger, upon his body's arrival in Miami. President Donald Trump told the widow that her husband "knew what he signed up for," according to Rep. Frederica Wilson, who said she heard part of the conversation on speakerphone. In a Wednesday morning tweet, Trump said Wilson's description of the call was "fabricated." (WPLG via AP)

Questions Surround U.S. Involvement in Niger After Deadly Ambush

The killing of four U.S. soldiers in an ambush attack in Niger has both citizens and congressional representatives asking questions about the American military presence in that country. Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman John McCain (R-AZ) went so far as accusing the Trump administration of being less than “up front” about the attack and hinting that his committee might launch an investigation.

In this image provided by the U.S. Air Force, a U.S. Army carry team transfers the remains of Army Staff Sgt. Dustin Wright of Lyons, Georgia, Oct. 5, 2017, upon arrival at Dover Air Force Base, Delware. Wright, 29, was one of four U.S. troops and four Niger forces killed in an ambush by dozens of Islamic extremists.

Pentagon: Islamic States Kills 4 U.S. Troops, Wounds 2 in Niger

Suspected Islamic State (ISIS/ISIL) jihadists have reportedly carried out a sort of drive-by shooting assault early this month in Niger, killing four American troops and injuring two others in an attack that marks the first American combat casualties in the country, reports the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD).

In this Monday, May 8, 2017 file photo, Chibok schoolgirls, recently freed from Nigeria extremist captivity, are photographed in Abuja, Nigeria. One of the Chibok schoolgirls kidnapped by Boko Haram in 2014 and who had the opportunity to be released on Saturday chose to stay with her husband, the spokesman for Nigeria’s president said Tuesday, May 9. Presidential spokesman Garba Shehu said officials originally had been negotiating for the release of 83 girls, but one said she wanted to remain. (AP Photo/Sunday Alamba, File )

Parents Still Await Girls Freed from Boko Haram as Nigeria Continues Mental Evaluations

Parents of the girls and young women kidnapped by Islamic State affiliate Boko Haram from Chibok, Nigeria, in 2014 are still waiting to see the 82 released as part of a trade with the terrorist group this weekend. The government claims it is still conducting physical and mental health evaluations, ensuring that none of the girls will pose a danger to society once freed.

In this photo released by the Nigeria State House, Nigeria President, Muhammadu Buhari, centre, meets with Chibok school girls recently freed from Nigeria Extremist captivity in Abuja, Nigeria, Sunday, May 7, 2017. Five Boko Haram commanders were released in exchange for the freedom of 82 Chibok schoolgirls kidnapped by the extremist group three years ago, a Nigerian government official said Sunday, as the girls were expected to meet with the country's president and their families. (Bayo Omoboriowo/Nigeria State House via AP)

Boko Haram Terrorists Release 82 Kidnapped Chibok Girls

Nigerian authorities announced the release of an estimated 82 of the 276 girls kidnapped by the Islamic State-affiliated terrorist group Boko Haram from a mostly Christian school in Chibok, Nigeria in 2014 this weekend. The release appears to be part of a deal that may have gained freedom for jailed Boko Haram terrorists.