
Pentagon chief Chuck Hagel said he and President Benigno Aquino discussed expanding the US military’s presence in the Philippines on Friday as the Asian ally looks to defend its territorial claims in disputed waters. The US defence chief went ahead
by Breitbart News30 Aug 2013, 1:58 AM PST0

(AP) Hagel wraps up defense talks with Asian alliesBy ROBERT BURNSAP National Security WriterBANDER SERI BEGAWAN, BruneiWith the Syria crisis shadowing his weeklong Asia tour, U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel is wrapping up talks on ways of deepening defense ties
by Breitbart News29 Aug 2013, 12:47 AM PST0

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said on Wednesday that he opposes cutting off US military aid to Egypt but vowed Washington would keep pressing for “reconciliation” in the country. The United States earlier this month condemned Egyptian security forces for firing
by Breitbart News28 Aug 2013, 1:37 AM PST0

KUALA LUMPUR (AFP) – Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel says the US military is ready to take action against the Syrian regime if ordered, but stresses that Washington is still evaluating claims of a chemical weapons attack.
by Breitbart TV25 Aug 2013, 8:17 AM PST0

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said Monday: “Our ability to influence the outcome in Egypt is limited.”
by Breitbart TV19 Aug 2013, 1:13 PM PST0

(AP) Hagel holds first Pentagon talks with ChineseBy ROBERT BURNSAP National Security WriterWASHINGTONIn his first Pentagon meeting with his Chinese counterpart, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel faces a familiar agenda marked with tensions over U.S. missile defenses, Chinese cyberattacks and other
by Breitbart News19 Aug 2013, 1:01 AM PST0

On CBS’s Face the Nation Sunday, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) endorsed Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel’s new directives regarding sexual harassment in the military. Graham defended the proposals against charges that Hagel has not gone far enough, saying to host Bob Schieffer:
by William Bigelow18 Aug 2013, 12:10 PM PST0

The Pentagon says it is considering sequester-induced overhauls that could mean shuttering two combatant commands, eight service-supporting commands, and the elimination of some 5,000 uniformed and civilian personnel. With defense spending facing roughly $500 billion in cuts over the next
by Peter Schweizer13 Aug 2013, 2:56 PM PST0

International envoys extended their visit to Cairo on Monday as efforts intensified to find a peaceful way out of the crisis sparked by the Egyptian military’s overthrow of Islamist president Mohamed Morsi. US Deputy Secretary of State William Burns met
by Breitbart News5 Aug 2013, 4:51 AM PST0

Supporters of Egypt’s ousted Islamist president Mohamed Morsi held firm Sunday on their insistence that he be reinstated after talks with a senior US official aimed at finding a peaceful solution to the crisis. Following a meeting with US Deputy
by Breitbart News4 Aug 2013, 1:15 AM PST0

The Defense Department claimed the sequester is forcing it to potentially reduce the size of the Army in such a manner that the country will no longer be able to fight two simultaneous wars. On Wednesday, the Pentagon said “one
by Tony Lee1 Aug 2013, 8:29 AM PST0

On July 12 a group of GOP Senators and Representatives sent a letter to Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel in which they claimed President Obama gambled with national security to implement sequester. In particular, they cited three recent failed intercepts
by AWR Hawkins13 Jul 2013, 10:18 AM PST0

Israel has urged Washington not to suspend its annual $1.3 billion in aid to Cairo in the wake of the ouster of Egyptian president Mohamed Morsi by the military, press reports said on Tuesday. Under US law, all military and
by Breitbart News9 Jul 2013, 4:17 AM PST0

(AP) By LOLITA C. BALDOR – Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel says the Pentagon will begin the process to extend health care, housing and other federal benefits to the same-sex spouses of military members as soon as possible. Wednesday’s Supreme Court
by Breitbart News26 Jun 2013, 11:17 AM PST0

As part of an attempt to discourage sexual assault, Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel has ordered that “offensive” materials be removed from military workplaces. The definition of “offensive” is unclear, but local command leaders are searching for a wide range
by Breitbart News23 Jun 2013, 5:53 AM PST0

Speaking on Offutt Air Force Base June 20, Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel asked why women ought not have the same opportunity at combat as men. According to CNS News, Hagel made these comments in response to a question over
by AWR Hawkins23 Jun 2013, 2:10 AM PST0

Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel had previously answered a question on Afghanistan and negotiating with the Taliban when he jokingly asked an Indian college professor questioner at the University of Nebraska Wednesday whether he was a member of the terrorist
by Breitbart TV20 Jun 2013, 9:32 AM PST0
Courtesy of the Washington Free Beacon, here’s the man who somehow became Secretary of Defense even though everyone knew it was a terrible idea, Chuck Hagel, holding forth at the University of Nebraska when a professor of Indian extraction asked
by John Hayward20 Jun 2013, 5:55 AM PST0

As early as June 18, Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel is expected to announce that the Pentagon is opening the Navy SEALs and the U.S. Army Rangers to women. Although the timeline for incorporating women into the teams is still
by AWR Hawkins18 Jun 2013, 10:43 AM PST0

With the all the cuts and loses blamed on sequester, one area that seems untouched thus far is the Pentagon. And particularly, the continued expansion of Pentagon staff. According to the Federal Times, “the size of the Pentagon’s vast oversight
by AWR Hawkins5 Jun 2013, 2:00 AM PST0

AP: Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel urged graduating West Point cadets to stamp out the “scourge” of harassment and sexual assault in the military. He called the issue a “profound betrayal of sacred oaths and sacred trusts.” (May 25)
by Breitbart TV25 May 2013, 12:48 PM PST0

(AP) – Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel told cadets at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point on Saturday that they must stamp out the scourge of sexual assault in the military. A day after President Barack Obama delivered a similar
by Breitbart News25 May 2013, 11:14 AM PST0

Accused shooter Major Nidal Hasan “has been paid more than $278,000” since the November 2009 attack on soldiers at Fort Hood, according to Dallas/Fort Worth’s NBC 5. That attack resulted in 13 deaths and another 32 wounded. The Army contends that
by AWR Hawkins21 May 2013, 9:22 PM PST0

A suicide car bomb targeted foreign military vehicles on Thursday morning in the Afghan capital Kabul shortly after 8:00 am (0330 GMT), police said, confirming there were casualties. An ambulance official who declined to be named said that 10 Afghans
by Breitbart News16 May 2013, 2:22 AM PST0

According to USA Today, a Sergeant First Class in charge of sexual assault prevention at Ft. Hood is being investigated for sexual assault and for running a prostitution ring. The solider, whose name is not being released, oversaw sexual assault
by AWR Hawkins15 May 2013, 2:39 PM PST0