
(Reuters) – U.S. investigators believe that North Korea likely hired hackers from outside the country to help with last month’s massive cyberattack against Sony Pictures, an official close to the investigation said on Monday.
by Reuters30 Dec 2014, 6:31 AM PST0

FBI agents were briefed Monday by one of the world’s leading cyber intelligence firms, who claim that the evidence being gathered in connection with the November 24 cyberattack against Sony Pictures Entertainment points to a former employee of the studio, rather than North Korea, as the perpetrator of the hack.
by Daniel Nussbaum29 Dec 2014, 9:18 PM PST0

The Sony Pictures comedy The Interview took in $15 million from Video on Demand online streaming through Saturday, making the film the studio’s most profitable online release ever.
by Daniel Nussbaum29 Dec 2014, 10:53 AM PST0

Victor Cha, Director of Asian Studies at Georgetown University and Senior Adviser and Korea Chair at the Center for Strategic and International Studies said that he believes the Sony hack came from North Korea and was more sophisticated than anything they
by Ian Hanchett29 Dec 2014, 10:14 AM PST0

Evidence released by the Obama administration pointing to North Korea as the culprit behind the cyberattack on Sony Pictures Entertainment is hardly conclusive, a number of private security researchers told The New York Times.
by Edwin Mora27 Dec 2014, 2:38 PM PST0

North Korea lashed out at the United States on Saturday, blaming the American government for widespread Internet outages reported in the country and hurling a racial slur at President Obama.
by Daniel Nussbaum27 Dec 2014, 12:37 PM PST0

In what may be the silliest argument for not seeing The Interview, Vox’s Max Fisher argues that seeing it actually helps Kim Jong-Un.
by John Sexton27 Dec 2014, 7:02 AM PST0

Now that The Interview has finally been released, the nation’s top film critics are weighing in with their thoughts on the controversial film.
by Daniel Nussbaum26 Dec 2014, 10:48 AM PST0

DVD copies of the 2004 film Team America: World Police are currently sold out at at least three major retail outlets in the wake of the Christmas Day online release of the Sony Pictures comedy The Interview.
by Daniel Nussbaum26 Dec 2014, 10:34 AM PST0

Sony Pictures Entertainment’s The Interview debuted on Christmas Eve at number 1 on YouTube Movies, Google Play, and Microsoft’s Xbox Video. With horrible reviews, the movie would have been a financial dud if the Sony hack never happened. Sony will recover about half its investment by moving the first release of The Interview directly to Internet distribution. But the Google’s savvy move may revolutionize movie industry distribution and doom the theater chains that refused to screen the movie.
by Chriss W. Street26 Dec 2014, 7:34 AM PST0

The Interview is a hit with pirates. The now-infamous Sony Pictures comedy has already been illegally downloaded over 200,000 times in its first 10 hours of release, file-sharing news website TorrentFreak told Breitbart News Thursday morning.
by Daniel Nussbaum25 Dec 2014, 12:18 PM PST0

As one of the nations with the closest relationship to the extremely isolated North Korean government, many have been closely following the reaction of the Chinese government to developments surrounding the hacking of Sony corporate servers. China’s official statements have been limited in their scope, though the state has heavily censored news surrounding the hack and, particularly, accusations that North Korea orchestrated it.
by Frances Martel25 Dec 2014, 11:12 AM PST0

This article was originally written by Marc Rogers and posted at Daily Beast: So, “The Interview” is to be released after all. The news that the satirical movie—which revolves around a plot to murder Kim Jong-Un—will have a Christmas Day
by Breitbart News25 Dec 2014, 9:00 AM PST0

Since Sony Pictures reversed its decision not to release the controversial movie “The Interview,” local theater owner Bunny Khorana’s phone has been ringing off the hook at Manassas 4 Cinemas.
by Charlie Spiering24 Dec 2014, 11:16 AM PST0

Sony’s decision to offer a limited release of The Interview on Christmas Day reportedly has exhibitors upset at the logistical nightmare.
by Kipp Jones24 Dec 2014, 8:31 AM PST0

Although big names like Judd Apatow, Rob Lowe and Aaron Sorkin loudly and publicly backed Sony Pictures and “The Interview” against the North Korean cyber-terrorists trying to tear the studio into pieces, George Clooney still puffed himself up as Hollywood’s
by John Nolte24 Dec 2014, 6:20 AM PST0

It’s been a rough year for the Hollywood film industry, even before Sony Pictures’ decision to pull The Interview from its scheduled December 25 release date in the wake of a massive cyberattack.
by Daniel Nussbaum23 Dec 2014, 3:56 PM PST0

As so many on the political right and left join together to condemn Sony Pictures for not releasing “The Interview,” forgotten in the controversy is the fact that it is not just millionaire executives and pampered celebrities exposed like a
by John Nolte23 Dec 2014, 9:15 AM PST0

In an appearance on NBC’s Meet the Press on Sunday, Sony Pictures attorney David Boies said that the film studio would inevitably release the scrapped comedy The Interview, although he said it remained unclear how the studio would ultimately distribute the
by Daniel Nussbaum22 Dec 2014, 12:38 PM PST0

Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union with Candy Crowley,” President Barack Obama said if Sony had called him he would have called up the theater chains and found out “what the story was.” Obama said, “Well look, I was pretty
by Pam Key21 Dec 2014, 7:53 AM PST0

On Saturday, Jeanine Pirro, host of the Fox News Channel’s “Justice with Judge Jeanine” argued that President Obama was to blame for the pulling of “The Interview,” not Sony. “Tonight America capitulates to a North American thug in a wuss
by Ian Hanchett20 Dec 2014, 9:44 PM PST0

US News and World Report Chairman and Editor-in-Chief and publisher of The New York Daily News, Mort Zuckerman declared that it was “appropriate” to pull “The Interview” from theaters due to threats of violence on Friday’s “McLaughlin Group.” “There is clearly
by Ian Hanchett20 Dec 2014, 10:11 AM PST0

Obama’s national security team is weighing a range of options in response to the cyberattack on Sony Pictures Entertainment, White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said. Earnest told reporters on Dec. 18 that the White House is considering a “proportional
by Edwin Mora19 Dec 2014, 6:20 PM PST0

Actor Sean Penn argued that a boycott of the distributors of “The Interview” “should be considered” to support “free speech and free thinking” on Friday’s “Hardball” on MSNBC. “We have to realize that this is a genuine emergency, this is
by Ian Hanchett19 Dec 2014, 4:52 PM PST0

Friday Sony Pictures released at statement about the Christmas release of “The Interview”: Sony Pictures Entertainment is and always has been strongly committed to the First Amendment. For more than three weeks, despite brutal intrusions into our company and our
by Pam Key19 Dec 2014, 3:25 PM PST0