
World View: South Korean President Basks in Afterglow of Successful Visit to China
Contents: China’s Xi Jinping assesses the outcome of the WW II victory parade; Attendance by President Park Geun-hye a coup for China, S. Korea, taunting N. Korea

Contents: China’s Xi Jinping assesses the outcome of the WW II victory parade; Attendance by President Park Geun-hye a coup for China, S. Korea, taunting N. Korea

Contents: China displays belligerence, militarism in WW II victory parade; China’s weaponry highlighted by the anti-American ‘carrier killer’; Many world leaders snub China’s WW II victory parade; China sends warships to Bering Sea off the coast of Alaska; China rewrites history of WW II by giving credit to Mao instead of Chiang

The weekend’s crisis on the Korean peninsula ultimately ended with North Korea expressing “regret” over the severe injury of two South Korean soldiers by land mines in the DMZ, while South Korea agreed to turn off the propaganda loudspeakers that had infuriated the North and led to declarations that it was preparing for all-out war.

North Korea’s front-line military troops were ordered to prepare for war following an exchange of fire with South Korea, according to the state-run Korean Central News Agency (KCNA).

The Associated Press reports that annual military exercises with South Korea have been halted–indefinitely–due to rising tensions on the DMZ and threats of war from Pyongyang. Is this a concession to North Korea’s threats, a bid to reduce tensions on the peninsula, or is it necessary to give American and South Korean units a chance to prepare for possible combat?

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un ordered his troops onto a war footing from 5 p.m on Friday after his government issued an ultimatum to Seoul to halt anti-Pyongyang propaganda broadcasts by Saturday afternoon or face military action. South Korean

Last week, South Korea blamed the North for land mine explosions that maimed two South Korean soldiers and resumed propaganda broadcasts for the first time in 11 years in retaliation. North Korea has denied the accusations and threatened to launch strikes on South Korean loudspeakers.

United Press International (UPI) reports that North Korean soldiers are using pictures of South Korean President Park Geun-hye for target practice. They are putting pictures of her on targets and blasting away, with the “training session” broadcast by the dictatorship’s TV station as propaganda.

A South Korean news agency with a record of breaking news from Pyongyang reports this week that North Korea has executed by firing squad Vice Premier Choe Yong-gon, deputy minister of construction and building material industries, for disagreeing with Kim Jong-un on matters of forestry.

The government of Seoul is promising “pitiless penalty” and “a severe retaliation” against North Korea for the serious injury of two South Korean soldiers at the hands of what appear to be North Korean landmines, which the South Korean government believes were planted by North Koreans infiltrating the other side of the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ).

Contents: Japan’s Shinzo Abe raises controversy at Hiroshima commemoration; Japan’s Shinzo Abe ‘insults’ Korea in plans for commemorating end of WW II; Palestinians promise to continue efforts to pursue Israeli ‘criminals’

On Thursday, North Korea marched a Canadian Christian hostage out in front of cameras, so he could admit to crimes against the glorious State—specifically, the crime of placing God above the “Dear Leadership.”

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — South Korea said Tuesday it is now virtually free of the deadly MERS virus that killed 36 people and sickened nearly 200 since an outbreak was declared in May.

The United States has “flexibility” when it comes to engaging North Korea and its nuclear weapons program, as shown by its willingness to seal an accord with Iran, the US Envoy tasked with re-engaging the Hermit Kingdom said Monday in Seoul, South Korea.

South Korea posted the worst quarterly economic growth figures in six years this week, having been hit by the spread of the deadly Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS). Weak exports, severe drought and reduced tourism have all added to the

According to a new survey, 91 percent of South Korean men in their 20s say that they would fight if war broke out with North Korea.

Despite Southeast Asian countries’s heightening fear over the recent MERS outbreak in South Korea, representatives for the Centers for Disease Control and Protection say that they believe the United States can effectively respond to MERS if it reaches American shores.

Thailand has confirmed its first case of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) following travel warnings issued against South Korea by Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macau, as that nation struggles to limit the number of cases of the deadly disease, which takes an estimated 40% of the lives it touches.

Public health officials continue to announce deaths resulting from MERS, despite South Korean healthcare workers claiming the virus has “peaked.” The government announced eight new cases and another death, bringing the total number of fatalities to 20.

Healthcare workers in South Korea have begun experimental trials of a plasma treatment they think might help the fight against MERS. Health officials also announced a nineteenth death due to the disease.

Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) is causing concern across Europe, with another victim reported to have passed away due to complications linked to the disease just hours ago. The German man becomes the first person in Germany to die of MERS or

China has taken steps to increase the national health warning regarding South Korea’s deadly MERS outbreak as the South Korean government announced new MERS-related deaths this Monday.

A teenage North Korean soldier defected to South Korea Sunday through the fortified border separating the two countries, according a statement Monday from the Ministry of Defense in Seoul. The escape is the first of its kind in nearly three years.

Seoul, the bustling capital of South Korea, is now reportedly a “ghost town” due to the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) outbreak. The disease killed over 10 people and sickened 126 others.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued an official health advisory on Thursday in response to the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) outbreak in South Korea. They urge all hospitals to prepare and familiarize employees with the disease.