Skip to content

Tag: State Department

State Dept: Email Read In Benghazi Hearing 'Inaccurate'

State Dept: Email Read In Benghazi Hearing 'Inaccurate'

On Wednesday Representative Trey Gowdy read an email between top State Department officials sent on September 12th that said “the group that conducted the attacks, Ansar al-Sharia, is affiliated with Islamic terrorists.” On Thursday the State Department claimed that the

State Dept: Nothing New Revealed In Benghazi Hearing

State Dept: Nothing New Revealed In Benghazi Hearing

State Department Deputy Spokesman Patrick Ventrell said that while he respected the witnesses service, “In terms of their viewpoints and adding to the public testimony, the public record about this, we don’t believe that new information was necessarily presented…” When

Boehner Calls On Obama To Release Benghazi Emails

Boehner Calls On Obama To Release Benghazi Emails

Speaker of the House John Boehner called on President Obama on Thursday to release unclassified emails sent between State Department officials describing the attacks in Benghazi as terrorist attacks. He went on to ask that the administration reject the talking

ARB Designed to Protect Hillary?

ARB Designed to Protect Hillary?

According to testimony offered at Wednesday’s hearing regarding the Benghazi terrorist attack, the State Department’s Accountability Review Board (ARB) was negligent in its failure to deal with the lack of communication between the State Department’s upper levels. In addition, ARB

Whistleblowers: High-Level Bureaucratic Errors Caused Benghazi

Whistleblowers: High-Level Bureaucratic Errors Caused Benghazi

Three State Department whistleblowers told the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Wednesday that bureaucratic wrangling led to the tragedy in Benghazi, Libya on Sept. 11, 2012 that left four Americans, including Ambassador Christopher Stevens, dead. The whistleblowers included Gregory

Two Key Witnesses Refuse to Testify at Benghazi Hearings

Two Key Witnesses Refuse to Testify at Benghazi Hearings

Former U.N. Ambassador Tom Pickering and former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Mike Mullen refused an invitation to testify at the Benghazi hearings on Wednesday about their Accountability Review Board (ARB) report on the attack. The panel

Five Key Points from Today's Benghazi Hearing (So Far)

1. Two “stand-down” orders were given while the Benghazi attacks were in progress. 2. The “protest” about a YouTube video was a complete fabrication by the Obama administration. 3. Cheryl Mills, Clinton’s lawyer at the State Department, told witnesses not

Five Key Points from May 8 Benghazi Hearing

Five Key Points from May 8 Benghazi Hearing

1. Two “stand-down” orders were given while the Benghazi attacks were in progress. 2. The “protest” about a YouTube video was a complete fabrication by the Obama administration. 3. Cheryl Mills, Clinton’s lawyer at the State Department, told witnesses not to

Email: Help For Benghazi Victims Was Four Hours Away

Email: Help For Benghazi Victims Was Four Hours Away

Representative Chaffetz read an email between Mark Thompson, Acting Deputy Assistant Secretary for Counterterrorism, and a State Department official in which Thompson tells the officials that a plane with reinforcements and rescue teams was four hours away and could immediately