Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush insisted that many of the instances of illegal immigrants coming into the U.S. were “acts of love.” Though many of the human beings who enter the U.S. illegally or overstay their legally permitted time in the U.S. are doing so to earn more resources and provide for families, many of the illegal immigrants who come into the U.S. are doing so for highly criminal reasons–a fact often left out of the discussion or otherwise barely mentioned.
Breitbart Texas has provided 35 of these other “acts of love” for our readers.
40. Mexican Citizen Caught Allegedly Smuggling 140 lbs. of Pot 34-year-old Francisco Manuel Villa-Ruiz of Cananea, Sonora, Mexico allegedly attempted to smuggle 53 packages of marijuana weighing 139 pounds in his vehicle’s back seat and quarter panels at an Arizona border crossing.
39. Pedestrian Foreign National Reportedly Caught with $15K in Meth An unnamed 40-year-old male was apprehended after reportedly attempting to walk through an Arizona border checkpoint with $15,000 in methamphetamine.
38. Mexican Septuagenarian Arrested with Nearly $200,000 in Coke, Heroin 70-year-old Andres Gamez-Garcia Cajeme, Sonora, Mexico was reportedly found with 14 packages of heroin and cocaine.
37. Mexican National Allegedly Busted with $165K in Meth 40-year-old Fernando Cejudo-Nevarez of Nogales, Sonora, Mexico was allegedly caught with 10 packages of methamphetamine at the Mariposa crossing in Arizona.
36. Mexican National Allegedly Caught Smuggling $81,000 in Narcotics into US A 20-year-old Mexican national was reportedly caught attempting to smuggle large quantities of drugs into southern California using vacuum-sealed bags hidden in his vehicle’s fuel tank.
35. Guatemalan Arrested with $1.16 M in Drug Money in Arkansas A Guatemalan national was a member of a large international organization that imported cocaine into the United States and was described by U.S. authorities as ‘a trusted member’ who could ‘speak directly’ with the organization’s leader in Guatemala.
34. Washington State: Mexican National Ran US Front Company to Hide Cartel Meth Ring A Mexican national in the U.S. illegally was sentenced on Monday to ten years in prison for distributing methamphetamine and running a front group for Mexican cartels.
33. Thirty Days: Mexican Narco-Rings on US Soil in Alabama, Idaho, Oregon Three US states saw separate large, Mexican-led narcotics rings either busted, indicted, or sentenced in a thirty day period.
32. Four Mexican Nationals Sentenced as Part of Large Narco Operation in Idaho Illegal immigrants were charged and sentenced for operating a large narcotics ring in the Northern U.S.
31. State DOJ: Busts Reveal Unprecedented Cartel Presence in Oregon The Oregon Department of Justice confirmed the Mexican cartel presence in the state, and indicated that the presence was growing and overwhelming law enforcement efforts.
30. Mexican Cartel Kidnapped Man in US, Smuggled Across Border, Feared Dead Mexican cartel hitmen entered the U.S., kidnapped a man from the arms of his wife at his U.S. home by impersonating police, tortured him, then smuggled him from the U.S. into Mexico. They had the wrong person and the victim is now believed dead.
29. UN Warns: Mexican Border ‘Global Pathway’ to US for Illegals from Horn of Africa The United Nations warned that illegal immigrants were coming from the terror-prone Horn of Africa and crossing into the U.S. illegally by following the same paths Mexican nationals follow across the porous U.S./Mexico border.
28. Mexican Cartels Recruiting Assassins Among US Teens, Prison Gangs, Military Mexican cartels began coming to the U.S. to recruit assassins among American teens, prison gangs, and the U.S. military.
27. Illegal Convicted of Child Porn Might Not Be Deported Due to Immigration Reform An illegal immigrant ws incarcerated for downloading and viewing images of children engaged in sexual acts.
26. Source: Illegal Aliens from Mexico Increasing Assaults on Border Patrol Agents The number and frequency of illegal immigrants increased greatly since 2011.
25. Mexican Smuggler’s Wild Ride: Dragged Passenger, Rammed Border Patrol, Crashed in Ditch An illegal immigrant who has previous convictions for smuggling immigrants in the U.S., was seen loading illegal immigrants into the bed of a truck near the U.S./Mexico border in Laredo, Texas. The man attempted to escape by ramming the U.S. Border Patrol.
24. Female US National Park Ranger Attacked Near Mexican Border U.S. Park Ranger Karen Gonzales was found in a public restroom, unconscious and with a serious head injury. She had allegedly been beaten in the head by an illegal immigrant.
23. Chain-Link Fence Only Border Barrier at Site of Brutal Beating of FBI Agents Several illegal immigrants came into the U.S. and severely beat and maimed two FBI agents, one a woman. They fled back to Mexico and most were never prosecuted.
22. US Attorney’s Office Admits to Incorrectly Identifying Charges Against Illegal Alien A Mexican national ran a large-scale methamphetamine trafficking and possessed an illegal firearm–all on U.S. soil.
21. Mexican National Sentenced for Running Drug Ring in Wisconsin A Mexican national will serve 20 years in U.S. prison for conspiring to possess cocaine with the intent to distribute and for distribution of cocaine.
20. Previously Deported Illegal Alien Gets 20 Years on Meth, Gun Charges A Mexican national was sentenced for his part in an operation to distribute a large amount of methamphetamine and four other crimes: being a felon in possession of eight firearms, being an illegal alien in possession of a firearm, possession of firearms in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime, and illegal entry into the U.S. after having been previously deported.
19. DEA: Cartels Expanding US Territory, Meth/Heroin Smuggling The U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) stated that availability indicators reflected that the supply of Mexican methamphetamine was increasing in the United States. Price and purity data and increased methamphetamine flow across the Southwest Border indicated rising domestic availability, most of which is the result of high levels of methamphetamine production in Mexico by cartels.
18. Illegal Aliens Charged with Attacking Border Patrol Agent Two suspects, a Mexican national and the other an Ecuadoran national, allegedly attacked a U.S. Border Patrol agent. The Mexican national is also charged for allegedly illegally transporting migrants for personal financial gain.
17. Drug Trafficking Ring Operating Outside of Arizona Busted A man from Mexico came to the U.S. and was sentenced to 360 months in U.S. prison for his role in leading a cocaine trafficking organization across the U.S.
16. FBI Wiretap Disrupts Kidnap, Torture Plot by Mexican Cartel At least one of the three Mexican cartel members who entered the U.S. did so illegally in their plan to kidnap U.S. drug dealers, bring them back to Mexico, torture them, and then dissolve the victims’ corpses in acid.
15. Corpse of Mexican National Found in US Near Border The corpse of a Mexican national illegally in the U.S. was found and had been severely tortured–a mark of Mexican drug cartels.
14. Illegal Alien Sex Offender to be Sent Home After Latest Illegal Entry An illegal immigrant from Mexico continuously re-entered the U.S. and later sexually assaulted a woman in Houston, Texas.
13. Crowd of 100 Illegal Aliens Attack US Border Patrol, Mexican Authorities Let Them Go A violent group of illegal immigrants attacked U.S. Border Patrol agents, crossed back into Mexico, and were allowed to walk free by Mexican Authorities.
12. Illegal Alien MS-13 Member Gets Life for US Murder Rampage An MS-13 leader (Sitios Locos Salvatruchas clique of La Mara Salvatrucha), was sentence to life in prison after his March 21, 2013 convictions for racketeering, racketeering conspiracy, murder, assault with dangerous weapons, and related firearms and conspiracy offenses–on U.S. soil.
11. 100% Increase in Previously-Deported Sex Offenders Returning from Mexico One sector of the U.S./Mexico border has seen a 100% increase in the number of illegal immigrants, previously deported for criminal sexual offenses, apprehended while attempting to illegally re-enter the United States.
10. Another Mexican National Sentenced for Murdering Border Patrol Agent An illegal immigrant who was on supervised release for smuggling human beings into the U.S. from Mexico helped lure, trap, and murder a U.S. Border Patrol agent on U.S. soil in an effort to steal night-vision goggles.
9. Graphic Images Justify Border Patrol’s Use of Deadly Force Against Rock Attacks Illegal aliens routinely cross into the U.S. from Mexico and assault U.S. Border Patrol agents with rocks and boulders.
8. Border Patrol Agent Attacked and Almost Shot by Illegal Immigrant An illegal immigrant punched a U.S. Border Patrol agent all over his body and repeatedly choked him. During the altercation, the agent’s service pistol accidentally fired into the air twice.
7. Two Mexican Nationals Arrested for Running Alleged Stash House on TX Border – An alleged 90 illegal immigrants passed through a residence in one month. The home was operated by two Mexican nationals who were illegally in the U.S.
6. Texas: 50 Illegal Immigrant Convicted Criminals Arrested in Three Days Nine of the captured aliens had previously been deported from the United States. One of the illegal immigrants was a Mexican national arrested in San Antonio who was previously convicted of sex crimes involving a child.
5. Human Smuggler Jailed for Raping Illegal Immigrant An illegal immigrant from Guatemala was arrested and accused of raping a woman before and after they illegally crossed the U.S./Mexico border.
4. 27 Illegal Aliens Convicted on Child Sex Crimes Arrested Near Border The majority of the illegal immigrants arrested in this instance had committed sexual crimes and assaults against children. Various charges against the individuals included felony child sexual contact, lewd acts with a child, sexual exploitation of a child, and sexual assault of a child.”
3. Previously-Deported Illegal Alien Convicted of Child Human Trafficking An illegal immigrant operated a stash house in Houston, Texas containing two children and 24 others. The victims were held hostage in the underwear, occupying locked rooms with boards over the windows. Authorities described the living conditions in the home as ‘deplorable’.”
2. Illegal Immigrant Allegedly Tried to Kill Texas Border Agent An illegal immigrant fought with a U.S. Border Patrol agent and allegedly attempted to take the agent’s gun and kill him. The illegal immigrant allegedly attempted to choke the agent as well.
1. Mexican Cartel Assassin Confirmed 11 Kills on US Soil, Confessed to More Jose Manuel Martinez, a Mexican cartel assassin, had at least 11 confirmed kills. He is originally from Mexico but obtained legal status in the U.S.
Follow Brandon Darby on Twitter: @brandondarby
Logan Churchwell contributed to this report.