SIGN UP FOR THE BREITBART EMAIL NEWSLETTER

Petco Accidentally Cooks Golden Retriever, Customer ‘Devastated’

Petco accidentally cooked a customer’s golden retriever in an oven-like dryer cage. Allison Marks, the owner of the dog,  is devastated by the loss of her two-year old golden retriever, Colby. She took him for routine grooming and he died after being left in a drying cage.

Marks called Friday the worst day of her life since her husband passed.

She called Petco to check on Colby and a manager told her he was accidentally left in the heated drying cage too long. They said he most likely died of heat stroke.

She was told “Your groomer had to go because she had a high school graduation to go to.”

“How could he not suffer, he was in a cage for God-knows how long.”

The pet owner called him her “Shadow” saying “he followed me everywhere.”

She also called him her “Soulmate”. She said now the house is silent.

Allison Marks wants charges to be pressed and Animal Control is looking into the matter.

Mostly, she wants the story to get out so this does not happen to other animals.

Lana Shadwick is a contributing writer and legal analyst for Breitbart Texas. Follow her on Twitter @LanaShadwick2

 

P.S. DO YOU WANT MORE ARTICLES
LIKE THIS ONE DELIVERED RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX?
SIGN UP FOR THE DAILY BREITBART NEWSLETTER.


Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.

SIGN UP FOR THE OFFICIAL
BREITBART EMAIL NEWSLETTER

GET TODAY'S TOP NEWS DELIVERED RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX

I don't want to get today's top news.

x