HOUSTON, Texas – The credit card information of customers of a Houston based chicken franchisee that operates several Popeye’s Chicken stores may have been hacked, the parent company revealed on Thursday.
CCC Restaruant Enterprise, LLC, officials reported than an investigation revealed there was evidence of computer hacking at seven of its Houston Popeye’s Chicken locations and three in other states. The investigation found that its computer systems may have been compromised by software hackers that could access their customers’ credit card information, KTRK reported.
The data breach appears to have occurred between the dates of May 5, 2016 and August 18, 2016. Malware was determined to be present on these computer systems which collected data about the customer’s credit cards.
The affected locations include:
– 16425 Imperial Valley Drive, Houston, Texas
– 2406 Bay Area Blvd., Houston, Texas
– 1710 Highway 90, Liberty, Texas
– 404 W. Parkwood, Friendswood, Texas
– 9802 FM1764, Texas City, Texas
– 6804 Garth Road, Baytown, Texas
– 1153 W. Main Street, League City, Texas
– 3308 Bragg Blvd., Fayetteville, North Carolina
– 1507 N. Main Street, Tarboro, North Carolina
– 214 Central Drive, East Dublin, Georgia
The company encourages anyone who may have shopped in their restaurants during that period to check their credit card statements and to “take additional action to further protect against possible identity theft or other financial loss,” CCC Restaurant officials stated.