Skip to content

ABC Slams Lane Bryant: We Never Rejected Plus Size Lingerie Ad

Fox News: Following a war of words where the retailer claimed the network was discriminating against full figured women by refusing to air the lingerie commercial, ABC issued a statement saying they did not treat Lane Bryant any differently than another advertiser.





“Their statements are not true,” the statement said. “The ad was accepted. Lane Bryant was treated absolutely no differently than any advertiser for the same product. We were willing to accommodate them, but they chose to seek publicity instead.”





But according to Lane Bryant, the Disney-owned network refused to air the brand’s lingerie ad during its hit show “Dancing with the Stars,” saying it bared too much cleavage, an insider said.





A Lane Bryant insider noticed that a sexy Victoria’s Secret lingerie spot starring a skinny model had been slotted for “Idol” Tuesday night and complained about a double standard. That caused Fox to change its tune, the source said.


Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.